• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

helmet headsets for the clairion 2 system

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a slightly related subject..

My experiment with the little VAIO power booster for my ipod was a semi- flop. Anything above 35 mph, you can't hear the music through the helmet headset, even at full volume (back to the ear buds).

2nd experiment: FM modulator from Radio Shack. It plugs into the bottom of your IPOD and charges it while playing over an empty FM channel. While it works pretty good, it only brodcasts well in one place on the fairing, that puts in out in the direct sunshine and weather. :head bang: I'm going to take it back and get an older version that uses an antenna splitter box.

There's an answer out there somewhere. :laptop:

I have Vetter fairing and replaced the radio with an AM/FM/CD/iPod unit. The iPod section came with a cable which charges it at the same time and works with a remote (as well as the radio controls). I installed Infinity speakers and they are clear as a bell at 70 MPH! (Doesn't help with the Clarion or headset, but might be an option worth considering)