Hi all, another OLD Newbe , riding again after 35 yrs

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birddog

Reaction score
Hi all from southern Illinois. Got a 1983 gl1100 standard with fairing, rear trunk, and saddlebags. Trunk and Saddles are hondalite removable boxes with handles. Runs good, got it priced right. Needs front master kit and a new petcock. Haven't had a bike since late 1970s. Kids are all gone and me and the little women want to do some riding now. Found this site tonight and liked what I've seen. Looks like a bunch of good folks..

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Birddog !!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Birddog":16ypih5w said:
Kids are all gone and me and the little women want to do some riding now.

:shock: Don't know whether to envy you, or feel sad.... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

just messin with ya! :mrgreen:

Appreciate the advise. Took the course about 4 years ago in Dallas,TX area. Didn't know just how rusty I was till they made? me do that figure 8 in that little box. Had one guy thought he could do whole course on his brand new Ultraglide. He decided to use the small Suzuki after he layed it down the first time. Great course with much wisdom. I will check out the books. Thanks for the warm welcome. Once I get it cleaned up better I'll post picks.

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Great to hear that you have done a refresher course Birddog. Shiny side up and lots of fun!

Finally added a few pics..not the best but they were quick. I haven't seen pics elsewhere with seat covering like my rack leather suade stuff. Not sure where seat originated. Any ideas welcome!