hooch getting a new fuel source

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay I found the camera
image.php

you can see carb is a 24-25 twostage
image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

this pic shows final plumbing pvc collaers on center manifold and rubber super hose
image.php

shows how much room I made taking the e choke off so no frame mods and a spring I might use
image.php

kinda easy to see if your getting gas LOL this is where its at now need to hook up throttle :shock: go back to hardware store where I left the air box :swoon: ....and go for test ride soon :yahoo: it is really running well right now :mrgreen:

image.php

airbox all on and choke linkage all taken care of
image.php

now how to to hook to that its all got to be there for everything to work right ...hmmmmmmm last thing before test ride :headscratch:

I like it Joe,

What are the hoses you used?

The Hoses between the VW type IV plenum, and stock manifolds.

Do you have a part number for those hoses?

Are those PVC fittings?

Joe you are a busy guy

Joe Hooch is a highly modified engine,

Do you think this carb. setup would work good on a stock 1100, or 1200

hmm im trashed right now west but .... it was hose off a semi truck or trailer .. im always scrounging there for cast off stuff to use around here ... I can remember it said 200 lbs pressur hose ... it 1-1/4" ID .. really hard to work west if I had the funds and could have found something else I would have and did look two different times....

I wanted to find clear hose in 1 1/4 so I could see flow

ill look tomorrow west but I don't think you want it it was really stiff an I had to be really careful with all the torque it had on things not to hurt something

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94225#p94225:26r7l23g said:
joedrum » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:37 pm[/url]":26r7l23g]
would you beleave ive misplaced my camera ....sure you would ..you met me ... :shock: all the pics are in there sheesh :headscratch: :hihihi:

:smilie_happy:

Now that my monitor and desk is clean from spitting water everywhere, I can type the comment. Looking good Joe!

iwanted to see ... yeah it probably wouldn't be permanent but it would make nice video of flow ....plus it would conform to the bends easier ... and its pretty easy to stiffin hose from colasping good copper wire ring clamps made by hand and proper gauge solid core wire

well westgl I have no seat test yet ... but so far I think this carb is matched better to stock oldwing too ....it definitely is the best single ive ever heard .... except one it was on nitrous and died not long after I heard it

That would be what i would worry about is the tube collapsing because it was to soft.

Joe do you know if that hose had a wire wound in it?

I was looking at my typeIV Plenum manifold, I would need 1-5/8" ID to slip over the VW type IV Plenum.

But My stock GL1100 manifolds at the head are 1-5/8" OD, inside the rubber clamping seal. I guess you could put a short piece of metal tube on the id to stiffen it then slip it into the rubber clamp on the short manifolds, for clamping.

I am not sure what the stock OEM manifold dimension is with the oem rubber seal removed. measuring just the alum. OD after the rubber seal has been removed.

I have never removed one of the OEM honda rubber clamping seals from the manifold.

I looked at some of the Gas tank filler Hose that have wire molded in them, as the hose would have to be fuel proof, and ethanol proof to survive.

My head hurts Joe you are a genius

that's whats the pvc connectors are all about westgl ....the 1 1/4 is about as close to intake horns as it gets ... connectors are easy slip on the manifold ...inside connector is a ring that can back an o ring and seal to face of manifold and there are other ways to seal using same set up

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94221#p94221:36q2z2ab said:
toytender01 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:02 pm[/url]":36q2z2ab]
Progressive carb for jod, WHAT NEXT?????? progressive shocks?????? :popcorn: :popcorn:

I sure would like to see some progressive springs toy .... but I think that might be to big in the funds department for awhile :crying:

every bike I have is spongy even though im a fly weight with my diet program

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94277#p94277:2ihwhcm7 said:
C5Performance » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:33 pm[/url]":2ihwhcm7]
I've seen clear hose with a criss cross pattern in it (much like a garden hose) but can't remember where i bought it.

Maybe Bell Industries marine book. I will check tomorrow and see if I can find it.
Yep, that type of hose is used on boats. It is reinforced hose used for pressure/vacuum for pumps.

Latest posts