I guess its time to say hello

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolife

Reaction score
First off, my daily ride is a 2009 Kaw Concours 1400. I'm 39 years old & have been a mechanic on cranes, heavy machinery for 20 years.

My uncle has had a 79 GL1000 since I can't remember. I've been trying to buy it from him for several years. He wouldn't budge. Recently, the fuel tank started leaking & it needs some attention that he doesn't have the time or desire to care for it. He's decided its time to sign it over to me & me give it the care it needs. Technically I don't feel like its time but its mine to take care of.

A friend of mine has known about my desire to have my uncle's 79 & he ran into someone that had a 82 GL1100 that was willing to part with it if someone would just come pick it up. Its partly disassembled & I'm going to be spending the next few months trying to get it back on the road.

That's my hello & happy to be here :salute:

Sounds like you have two very good reasons to be here. BTW tools for most work on these bikes are much lighter and smaller.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104179#p104179:k650yk7w said:
lolife » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:13 pm[/url]":k650yk7w]
First off, my daily ride is a 2009 Kaw Concours 1400. I'm 39 years old & have been a mechanic on cranes, heavy machinery for 20 years.

My uncle has had a 79 GL1000 since I can't remember. I've been trying to buy it from him for several years. He wouldn't budge. Recently, the fuel tank started leaking & it needs some attention that he doesn't have the time or desire to care for it. He's decided its time to sign it over to me & me give it the care it needs. Technically I don't feel like its time but its mine to take care of.

A friend of mine has known about my desire to have my uncle's 79 & he ran into someone that had a 82 GL1100 that was willing to part with it if someone would just come pick it up. Its partly disassembled & I'm going to be spending the next few months trying to get it back on the road.

That's my hello & happy to be here :salute:
doubt it will take you much to get 'em humming