I.O.M. Helicopter Appeal

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fogey

Reaction score
I just had a note from Wemoto thanking us for the help in raising funds for the above fund:

...........................................................................................................

Hi John,

I hope you're well. I'd like to thank you for helping to promote our Jurby T-shirts on your blog. The check with the final amount raised this year has now been handed over to the MGP Supporters' Club - £16,258.48, which is a huge increase on last year's £10,655.92. I've attached a press release about this year's funding and an image of the check, for if you wanted to post anything as a follow up to your readers.

Thanks again for your support with this - we're very happy with the amount raised and that the money will go towards supporting such a good cause.

Kind regards,

Daisy

Wemoto

.....................................................................................................................

Huge thanks to all who bought the T-shirt and helped out with this amazing response. I will let you all know if / when there is another promotion.

John

helicopter appeal.jpg

This is supporters club for the Manx Grand Prix

This explains better what the Manx is all about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manx_Grand_Prix

Wemoto (or World's End Motorcycles to give them their full title) is the biggest aftermarket parts distributor in the UK (and possibly in Europe). They collaborated with the Jurby Festival ( https://www.iomtt.com/Classic-TT/News/20 ... Jurby.aspx) to sell the Tee-shirts to raise money for the second emergency helicoptor, the first one being funded by the organisers of the Manx along with the Island's administration.
I heard of this, and promoted it on my website blog and posted about it on all the Goldwing forums.

Well, that's odd. I just checked my posts and it looks like I missed this forum out when I did the ohers. Very sorry about that.
But I'm pretty sure it will be needed again next year, so I will make sure to get it right then.