I want to ride!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Five

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been an unusually cold winter here in NC. Typically we have a cold day or a few and then back in the sixties...it's been three weeks of 40 and below and I am sick of cold weather. I started the 'Oldwing and the Hurricane and warmed the oil and listened to them run, but damn I need to ride!

I feel the pain. :head bang: :crying: Although I think its a little warmer this year compared to last its still not the way its supposd to be...... I have been riding anyway :good:

40 degree's is not too bad if you don't stay out for too long. I gotta a bike that has had a tune up and has been gone through and I can't really go out because of the ice and snow..7" tonight maybe.. in KC.. Go ride man.. Guy's I think folks are gonna get flooded out soon.. :(

:hi: Well I did it today... Sun was shining so I took the wing out for a little ride.... wound up going 268 miles around the area... From Home through Lincoln, Mayrsville/ Yuba City, Colusa, Willows, Elk Creek, Stonyford, Maxwell, Williams, ( stopped and ate dinner at 6:30 in Williams) then on to, Colusa, Yuba City/ Marysville, Lincoln, Home....left at 2 PM diden't get back untill 8:13 PM... the wife was waiting for me :sensored: :sensored: :blush: Now we have to set some rules for me and my riding partner...Because it was all HIS fault I was so late... THATS MY STORY AND I AM STICKING TOO IT. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I’ve had about two months with the temperature rising above freezing only three or four days so when it hit 36 today I just had to take a short ride. Nice to know the wing is running as strong as ever. :clapping:

On a side note, I was replacing the accelerator pump diaphragm on my single carb about a month ago and while reattaching the return spring on the throttle, I shot it out like a rubber band and couldn’t find it anywhere. :head bang: I could only get the replacement spring to bring it back to about 2K RPM. :doh:

When I got off after my ride today, It had jiggled lose and was laying right on top of the motor for me to find.
All in all, a great ride. :yahoo:

Look, for all you guys in MI and OH, it's not my fault that you choose to live in an area that is nearly inhospitable to human life :lol:

And for those of you in California...yeah, the weather is nice but you're in California. Is it worth it? :roll: :grin:

Five":1m4c6nbd said:
Look, for all you guys in MI and OH, it's not my fault that you choose to live in an area that is nearly inhospitable to human life :lol:

And for those of you in California...yeah, the weather is nice but you're in California. Is it worth it? :roll: :grin:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

In all reality we require winter to catch up with evreything we neglect all summer.With all the great riding roads,green grass,light houses,waterfalls,countless inland lakes and rivers,thick woods and wonderfull beaches we just dont get a dang thing done all summer. :Awe:

You have not enjoyed a beach untell youve spent time on the Lake Michigan coast.And no salt

Attachments

• DSC_1331[1].JPG
    DSC_1331[1].JPG
    186 KB · Views: 98
  • point iroquis light.jpg
    point iroquis light.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 100
Tory":1fumha0k said:
You have not enloyed a beach untell youve spent time on the Lake Michigan coast.And no salt
:cheeky:
Salt water is what keeps us preserved here on the east coast! :smilie_happy: :salute:

Plus we salt the roads in the winter around here.....makes them taste better when we fall down! :smilie_happy:

Actually, it has been said that the road salt is paid for by the automotive parts suppliers. See.......it helps melt snow and ice, but also gets trapped in asphalt which causes the water to get trapped and from the freeze/thaw cycles it makes terrific potholes which destroy the front end suspensions of cars plus the rust it creates.....it really is a jobs program! :music3:

Tory":2rjsw9va said:
Five":2rjsw9va said:

In all reality we require winter to catch up with evreything we neglect all summer.With all the great riding roads,green grass,light houses,waterfalls,countless inland lakes and rivers,thick woods and wonderfull beaches we just dont get a dang thing done all summer. :Awe:

You have not enjoyed a beach untell youve spent time on the Lake Michigan coast.And no salt
The water in Lake Michigan up around the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes is mighty cold. Even in the summer.

Oh yeah.
We are very liberal with the salt on the roads.Takes a couple good rain storms in the spring to clinse the roads.
But the bright side is that I AM one of those sneaky auto parts suppliers you speak of,and living in a state having a mass exidess of jobs,so far mine is still stable.

mcgovern61":121dge6g said:
Tory":121dge6g said:
You have not enloyed a beach untell youve spent time on the Lake Michigan coast.And no salt
Salt water is what keeps us preserved here on the east coast! :smilie_happy: :salute:

Plus we salt the roads in the winter around here.....makes them taste better when we fall down! :smilie_happy:

Actually, it has been said that the road salt is paid for by the automotive parts suppliers. See.......it helps melt snow and ice, but also gets trapped in asphalt which causes the water to get trapped and from the freeze/thaw cycles it makes terrific potholes which destroy the front end suspensions of cars plus the rust it creates.....it really is a jobs program! :music3:
That all being said....I would actually love to take a ride up to Michigan! My boss went to school in Ann Arbor. :music2:

Andyb":27k5btbl said:
Tory":27k5btbl said:
Five":27k5btbl said:

The water in Lake Michigan up around the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes is mighty cold. Even in the summer.

Last summer was unusually warm and the water was perfect.The lower PIC above is at stugeon bay at the top of the lower penninsula.After that pic we changed in the woods and cooled of in the lake at a cool 68 degrees.It was clear as cystal.
mcgovern61":27k5btbl said:
mcgovern61":27k5btbl said:
Tory":27k5btbl said:

That all being said....I would actually love to take a ride up to Michigan! My boss went to school in Ann Arbor. :music2:

Michigan is a truly gorgous state,especially the farther north you get.A little crowded in the southern half of the lower penn.

I wanta try that State one time, the furthest I got into it was Ann Arbor..Been up to Green Bay on the other side of the lake.. I start freaking out when I don't know where the next filling station is on long journey's.. :grin: I alway keep a small can of gas with me in a bag or in my trailer..

littlebeaver":560qlgir said:
I wanta try that State one time, the furthest I got into it was Ann Arbor..Been up to Green Bay on the other side of the lake.. I start freaking out when I don't know where the next filling station is on long journey's.. :grin: I alway keep a small can of gas with me in a bag or in my trailer..

xctmpx7nhvx.png

https://www.rotopax.com/Gasoline/

Here are some interesting safe to carry gas cans.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thewhiterhino":1yagu2x0 said:
littlebeaver":1yagu2x0 said:

xctmpx7nhvx.png

https://www.rotopax.com/Gasoline/

Here are some interesting safe to carry gas cans.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wow those are state of the art can's, thank's I might get one..cool :grin: