Just like a Bad Penny---

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkB

Reaction score
Look who keeps showing up now and again! :smilie_happy:

Yeah, I know.... :roll: :lazy:

I'm still riding the heck out of my '83 1100 Interstate. It remains my primary transportation to and from work. Other than the dogbone fuse that blew, the only issue I've had was my right fork leg sprung a leak. I went ahead and paid to get it done because frankly, I haven't had time to do much. I replaced the slider bushing due to a note in the maintenance records about it being worn the last time the forks were re-sealed and probably the reason it became necessary to re-seal them so soon. I also replaced the front tire, while I was at it and WOW!!! What a difference in handling! I think the worn bushings were causing some issues because it's night and day better. I barely notice expansion cracks and uneven pavement, like I used to.

On the downside, the mechanic said that my speedometer drive was extremely worn and would need replaced. I didn't even make it out of the parking lot and my speedo gave up the ghost, so that will be next. I understand that these are still available new, so I may not mess with used, if I don't have to. They mentioned a few other little things I need to do. The old girl is still running good, though. I've put about 13K on it since I got it just over a year ago. I've had it to AZ twice and just in service as my daily runner. Pretty cheap transportation.

Where I had my bike fixed, though, there is a '91 1500 I'm lusting after, just a little. The only thing is, she doesn't have that many fewer miles than my 83. It's got 120K on the clock and I'm running 137K.

Hope you are all doing well. I finally got a smart phone, so maybe I can keep up a little better, now.

Mark

Just been busy with one thing, or the other. Been doing some weekend riding with a couple different groups. Even ended up going to the Hells Angels toy run in San Berdoo before Christmas. That was kind of fun; interesting lot of people, right there. :whistling: Needless to say, mine was the only Goldwing in the parking lot, but not the only metric.

Good to see ya found yer way back, Mark!! :clapping: :clapping: Sounds like you've been a busy boy! :builder:

Thanks, guys! Dan, I'm agreeable to a meetup. My schedule for the weekends gets a little hectic starting next month, but I'm sure we can make something work. Looking forward to it!

Mark