LED's, now we're talkin!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigAndrew said:
:clapping: Pricey but it would be nice to replace your brake light and turn signals with led's

This one would make a good new brake light https://www.sirennet.com/64serledbrak.html Plus with the way they flutter real quick before the light becomes solid it would help people notice in the daylight you applied your brakes[/quote

That is sweet BigAndrew

:music: :music:

chasrogers":k5sjha5a said:
schmidtap":k5sjha5a said:
dan filipi":k5sjha5a said:
Tory":k5sjha5a said:
Dan
How did the LED headlamp bulb work out?

Oh that thing is pretty weak, don't waste any money on it.

The trucklite ones are pretty good.
yes they do but the price tells the story if you want better you pay for it.

Agreed, I got mine for free so it helps.

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 185
BigAndrew said:
:clapping: pricey but it would be nice to replace your brake light and turn signals with led's

Hi All,
I had 4 turn signal/indicator bulbs on each side of my 86 1200 plus 20 various running light bulbs.
I changed all to LED bulbs except 2 indicator bulbs on each side, just keeps the load on the flasher unit so it won't flash at 50mph and as they are only on for a matter of seconds when turning, I don't think it effects the power use much.
If you change to LED bulbs behind coloured lenses you get a better result if you use the same colour as the lense, particularly with red lenses which will look a bit wishy washy if you use white LED's, something to do with the filter which makes the LED white.
If you don't mind waiting 2 or 3 weeks you can buy the required bulbs for a fraction of the cost from China etc. on Ebay.
A sample cost would be the equivalent of 2 rear break/side light bulbs for approx $5 including shipping.
Remember US or UK stock only comes from China etc. with a massive mark up for the home market.

Dave..........UK :salute:

Welcome to the fun diggerdave! About these LED lights. Anyone have an idea how I can put 3 or more bulbs in a headlight?

i saw one of those tail lights at vintagedays last year. they are great. a little pricey, but can be programed a lot of different ways. not a fan of the headlight. at least the ones i have seen

Thank's for the welcome,
I have tried a 108 SMD LED bulb and found it good enough for a daytime riding light or fog light but not powerful enough to use as a headlight bulb, so I still have an ordinary incandescent bulb for headlight.
If you have an LED headlight bulb available in the US that can do the job, please let me know where I can get one.
Dave......... :salute:

Like others I bought LED headlight replacement bulbs from China through Ebay. They are bright enough to be seen but not bright enough to see at night.