looking for a tip on checking tire pressures

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryinmich57

Reaction score
OK so I don't know if anyone has this problem or not but I have tried several types of gauges for checking the pressure in my tires and they all are a P.I.T.A. to use. :head bang:
Seems like either the final drive is in the way on the back or the brake disc on the front, So what kind of gauge does everyone use to get in there?
Or is this just the way it is.
Jerry

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=158755#p158755:1h8y6xtd said:
slabghost » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:57 pm[/url]":1h8y6xtd]
A lot of us use the 90 degree offset tire valves. Makes it some easier.
I don't have 90 degree valve stems so I did the next best thing and got a 90 degree valve extender from the auto parts store

I've been using a mini gauge like this for years.
It just barely fits in where the longer one won't.

Mini-Tire-Pressure-Gauge-Keychain-With-O-Ring_37552238.jpg

I've always used just a regular tire gauge. Valve stem all the way at the bottom....never had an issue. Yeah..it's a bit of a pita(for me) to get down there, then get back up physically, but no issues with the gauge hitting on anything. :BigGrin:

I never had an issue checking the air pressure, but when it came time to add air it was a PITA!! With my new rear tire, I had a 90 degree valve installed. Best thing I did!! :yes: