Magazine cover

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronzestarvue

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work as a contractor in International Affairs for USAF Air Combat Command, and our Director, who's the Political Advisor to the 4-star, subscribes to the magazine Foreign Policy. Part of my daily routine is to data mine for articles relating to security cooperation, building partnerships, security force assistance, etc. Ran across the latest magazine cover for Foreign Policy magazine, made me sit up and take notice!

ForeignPolicy_Jun2012a.jpg

At first I thought she was wearing a burkha, but upon closer inspection, it's body paint. The article is interesting, about how women are mistreated in the Arabic and Muslim societies over there. Here are the other pics from the article:

ForeignPolicy_Jun2012b.jpg

ForeignPolicy_Jun2012c.jpg

ForeignPolicy_Jun2012d.jpg

ForeignPolicy_Jun2012e.jpg

Guess they can only dream of being like these ladies!

USAFfemalepilots_1.jpg

USAFfemalepilots_2.jpg

detdrbuzzard":1gbblvzg said:
i don't think that arib or egyptian women want to be like the women in the last pic but i do think that they do not want to be subjectgated
Ahhhh....on the contrary! I speak from the point of having friends in Tunisa, Africa, Hungry and Guatamala and YES it is their desire for one thing to be FREE and to have any sense of equal footing. From a cultural perspective, many of these countries are Muslim and adherence to their religious practice is also their law and women are not even as high as second class citizens, but are considered like property. I will not get into the religious practices, but I can give a tangible example that happened in our life:

Our friend from Tunisa is a Muslim women who came over to the US as an exchange student several years ago. As a high school student, she was given the opportunity to experience the freedoms that our country offers (AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE ROBERT HELPING TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY FREE!!!). :thanks: Religious freedom does not exists where she was from and she spent quite a bit of time explaining what life is like for girls and women in Muslim countries and trust me, you would be shocked! She was staying with another family, but ended up at our house often when we were doing Bible studies. She learned about womens rights that were granted back in 33 AD that were never considered in the past because women were considered lower than dogs and less than property. (For my fellow Members that do not like religion or Bible here I understand, but I have no other way to explain the next incident without it.)

The truth is, she poured through the studies with us and learned that Jesus provided more rights to women (BTW, which was always God's intent) than at any other point in world history. She also found out that the Muslim religion was full of outright lies. She was very excited about her new found freedom and discovery of the truth (I do not say that lightly, you had to be here to see the burdens and confusions she expressed about her life before we ever mentioned the Bible to her). She was so excited that she wrote a letter to all of her family and friends expressing her Joy and wanting to share this truth with everyone she knew!

BUT, her father emailed back that as soon as she was to return home he would kill her upon arrival. She is a women and a Muslim and any expression of freedom, desire to be free or believe anything other than the Koran was blasphamey and required death. (Nice Dad) I cannot go into other details other than it was worked out through a process that he promised not to kill her and that he was only making a point. She got home and was beaten within inches or her life. She survived in the hospital for three weeks before she could go live with a relative.

We have close contact with her and she is coming back to the US soon to go to college for engineering. Why do they hate them (as the magazine said) I could go on for days why. We should never take our God given freedoms for granted!

well in this country its obvious the discrimination against men ...is huge ...so to cover that ...they promote this ...not for the women sake ...but for war ...if they cared about women they would have been in rowanda....sudan ....somalia....

this is complete sabre rattleing for war ...as a patriot of jesus christ and first centry christian im not fooled by such deception

It's pretty damn sad it is the way Gerry said.
My wife's Dad is East Indian. He's lived in the U.S since his teen years. He's 76 now.
I could really sense the male dominance when I first met him over 20 years ago.
He has become much more relaxed with the way we are here and how we treat women, especially since now he has 2 english son in laws. :smilie_happy:
When we went to Indian parties with the inlaws age group, the male thing was still pretty strong. Most women are very quiet and silent when a male is speaking.
Needless to say that crap isn't for me. The last party we went to like that was at least 15 years ago.
We're not missing anything.