MAKING A TRIKE

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
go to hondaman .com ...this guy really has the stuff for old point ignitions super place ...ck out his transistor ignition add on that uses points ...i always wanted to try one ...but he has all the stuff for coilsetup and matching ballast for points ignitions

Most of last few weeks been just following wires and making connections. Finding lots of little horrors in the harness and fixing them as I go. I think that the largest part of the electrics is now done so I have turned to fitting the lights front and rear to have something to connect to. I have to work out how to hang them all yet and when I have done that will have some pics to show. Aim here is to run all the wires inside the tubing, so got some holes to cut.

Other stuff; given up on the vynil wrap, between us wife and I can do a workmanlike job, but really I want better than that, so once again it's a skill best left for the experts. At least I had a go at it. Not having much luck getting a professional to do the job for me either, so may have to revert to a paint job.

photo 2 (1)-001.JPG

Rear bumper bar made and painted, will fit it later as it restricts movement in my tiny shed even more with it on.
Painted the first wheel, and now back in the car to go to the tyre fitter to refit the tyre, then on with the other one.

photo (1).JPG

Pic shows it stuffed in the back of my Skoda Yeti where the mobility hoist comes in useful. Transit sold last year after 15 years, was getting hard to climb in and out of with the problems of age. Don't think Yeti sold Stateside, it is really a VW Golf (aka Rabbit?) on stilts.

photo 1 (1).JPG

Made the reinforcing struts to complete the fuel tank cage. Found some useful central heating copper pipe to make the fuel pipe out of, and the fittings from the tank. also found some fuel proof sealant to bond down the fuel sensor plate.
The fittings to run the brake lines from the Morris Minor brakes to connect to the metric Goldwing stuff have also been found.
And just so you know what it looks like, this is a Skoda Yeti

P1013445.JPG

So on it goes, little by little!

Instead of running the wires inside the frame you may want to consider running them inside some metal conduit alongside the frame. This way you aren't allowing moist air inside the frame and you aren't forced to risk insulation damage jamming wires through rough or sharp holes. Sorry the wrap didn't work out as planned.

Great work and love your Skoda. They are making a pretty good comeback down here now.

Thanks for the tips about the wiring, I shall go ahead with sliding them into the tubes because I can clean up the inside where I drill, got some fancy burrs for my Dremel, and I won't have any wire joints inside the tubes. It's not ideal but I think it will work ok.

new wheel.jpg

turned it round in garage so new pic. Wheel sorted this side, other side painted but not on yet.
spent many hours on the exhaust and finally it looks ok, level, misses most other bits so can relax on it for a bit.

photo (1)-001.JPG

offside headlight and indicator fitted, wires running in the frame. The indicator looks red when off and goes to amber when lit. Neat little bullet lights from China, cheap as chips.
Still doing lots of work on the electrics, most lines labelled, many connected so getting it done slowly. Mounted the voltage regulator on the battery box today too. Pulled the headlight leads out of the harness running to the forks and started to run them to the new headlight positions.

photo (1)-002.JPG

I know this pic looks a bit of a mess but it really is coming together now. Hoping all the loose ends will go as I connect everything up.
working out how to fix the tank securely, and also how to cover the sensor plate. Think I may build an aluminium box to cover it. Also moving towards running in the fuel line.

Still lots to do!

Wow! That just keeps looking better! Is there a particular reason you are not using a headlight at top center of the forks?

Latest posts