MAKING A TRIKE

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another day, another problem!
look at this, someone has tried to open it with a 1/4 inch drill, I think.

WP_20141103_003.jpg

the lock still moves in it's hole, and can be pushed back easily enough. Problem for me is that I have to have a working steering lock to pass my end of build SVA test, so has anyone any ideas on how I fix this one?

and what is the purpose of the little washer above it?

Maybe a locksmith can remove what's left of the cylinder and replace it? Or possibly you can fashion your own steering lock?

now my brain is starting to function and catch up with the keyboard.
I think you have the answer, thanks. I should be able to source another lock, and fit it somehow. Shall start by asking my local Honda man tomorrow.
And my SVA guru tells me I don't have to panic - any immobiliser will do.
So once again the sun peeps out from behind a cloud...

Looks to me like you could pop that washer thingy off, and slide the block with the key cylinder in it right off to replace. Appears that there is a long stud there that the key cylinder block slides over, and then the washer is installed, and possibly the end of the stud is peened to hold it all together, or it is a locking bevel style washer. :headscratch:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140686#p140686:2ch5lple said:
C5Performance » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:50 pm[/url]":2ch5lple]
Get well soon, the bike can wait.
The bike might be able to wait but I don't know if I can!! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Get better soon. :yes: :good: :moped:

Hi again, been off sick. Done nothing since before last Xmas but today opened the garage door and looked at it. Lost the use of right thumb and still dodgy elsewhere, don't ask for details, I'm getting over it.

start work soon I hope