mapping info

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toytender01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK
some facts about this site and the mapinf features.
there are 1815 members
there are 115 members correctly mapped
there are 2 members still in spain (who do not belong there)
(Bobalou Yacolt Wa and Jameskoopman Hopkins Mi)
there are about 1700 members who appear to be unmapped???????? :heat: :heat: :heat:

The member has to want to be found, first... :whistling: They have to put in the info for the map, plus, a lot of newer folks may not even be aware of the option. It would be nice to be able to view the map, and see if there are any members local, tho. :Egyptian:

AApple":2b040o46 said:
The member has to want to be found, first... :whistling: They have to put in the info for the map, plus, a lot of newer folks may not even be aware of the option. It would be nice to be able to view the map, and see if there are any members local, tho. :Egyptian:

I second that.

My intent for this post was to make members aware of the map and try to spark some intrest in gettimg all members mapped. Makes a nice resource if members are traveling or planning a trip. Also it is confusing when some members wind up in Spain without a passport :smilie_happy:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I got on the map without any difficulty, but I was kind of disappointed to see I was the only IE guy in SoCal. We're going to have to work on that!

Mark

MarkB":c2etoe6s said:
I got on the map without any difficulty, but I was kind of disappointed to see I was the only IE guy in SoCal. We're going to have to work on that!

Mark

I'm there but I know there are a few others not on the map.

dan filipi":tri4rtu4 said:
MarkB":tri4rtu4 said:

Mark

I'm there but I know there are a few others not on the map.

Yeah, saw you way over yonder. I was hoping there might be some more IE guys on board!

Mark

rkthev":14vy0t16 said:
You might consider requiring at least a zipcode when new users register, if that would allow you to map them.

The member map isn't tied into the users board preferences, that is why everyone must go in and update their location on their own.
That is IF they want to be on the map. Some folks might not which is why I've left it as it is.