Meet Skai.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDub

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sandblasted frame was repainted with Gloss Black high heat rattle-oleum. This was wrapped around a 65k mile 1980 model gl1100cc engine which was painted in a chemical resistant high heat engine paint(Grey glossed over with high heat clear). Wheels, brake cals, final drive, master cyls, foot pegs(minus rubber) polished free of black paint. Aluminum conduit over plug wires and vac advance tube. Bobbed rear fender and added a chrome front fender from a 78 gl1000. Seat is from a HD so are the bars. Fuel tank fully and painstakingly restored with Por15 internally and rattle-oleum externally. Carbs rebuilt fire-up first try almost every time(90%+). Fresh filter + oils gear and engine along with fresh greasing was done. Grease zerks fitted to the center stand and brake pedal for regular maint. Bolts polished. Engine side scoops hammered-out dents and flat black rattled. Kept the 75% life Metzeler tires. Godzilla backdrop on the photo was added free of charge courtesy of the Sacramento Valley!

Thank you in advance for all comments!

Attachments

• 061311181354-1.jpg
    061311181354-1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 210
You certainly know how to make a grand entrance! Welcome from nowhere Ohio. I like that build! Did you make that seat? With all the rain we have here I'd be putting at least a partial rear fender on her. :thanks:

Omega Man":36qfomfr said:
Nice bobber! What's the difference in power, without all the tail stuff? That seat looks comfy.

~O~

I really don't know. Seems like the carbs will make a bigger difference than the tail light and fender but, i could be wrong. I don't notice any difference at all really.

nope....:) still riding raw. the seat is comfy as is.....if I line up the seat with the fakee, it forces a lot of pressure onto the prostate. I just drive in the daylight and no wet rainy ridfing.....but lately I have thought a brake light might be nice so I could drive after dark.