mongruel getting a 86 1200 engine added to the bloodline

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the pics look a little decaving the grinding was very little ...but i did transistion it as thought this would improve turbulence when taking in fuel and even the fire maybe to .....yes the pistons are rather flat ..you can see that they dome out some about 1/2" in from the edge.....the longer stoke i think will raise the compression some so im kinda glad the piston is flater ....sure would like to know what the tube things are on top of the block .....i havnt a clue right now ..if i did know i forgot...this was a very rough looking motor on the outside and my care didnt help any ...

im still thinking real serious about putting this in the 77 ...why have a 771000 when you can have a 77 1200 instead :mrgreen: oh and thanks for the cavman complements :hihihi: :rocks:

The tubes must be oil return lines?? I have to go back and find your posts on putting the 1000 cams in the 1100, especially the part you used the grinder on there. One of the heads i bought on eBay was not packaged well and the shaft for the points snapped off. I should be able to use it on my 1100.

if the cam stem is busted off eric thats all that has to be done to put in 1100 bike ....might need smoothing but the solid end cap cam seal and metal end cao can be used then ...i never did this on the angry dresser as i didnt waNT TO LOOSE THE IGnITION STEM....oops ...it still can go both ways on ignition either 1000 or 1100 all the stuff is there....

I didn't want to lose it either, but this is what I'm stuck with and I think it'll work. The guy would refund my money if I returned them, but he has no replacements. They were only$40 each including the shipping. If the 1100 ignition craps, I can probably pick up a cam cheap.

just love this project and where its going with all info on things now its been a long time to figure what was up on pistons and all ....now the only big deal is clutch hook up ...

ive got a 1500 master clutch deal that seems good butthe widow is out on it ...and i do have line as well ...seems it dont fit but i know it dose....now after a full belly im outside to to work on something

more pics
image.php

getting ready for gaskits soon
image.php

a little more cleaning on this head

(Image link fixed, DF)
image.php

you can see the pistons sculpting better here ...clinders getting cleaner
image.php

the worst cylinder was the one on the left here its looking prettygood now im pleased with it

one of the tools i use to clean the cylinders and gaskit area caveman teck at its finest
image.php

image.php

tubes i was talking about as different
image.php

holes in the csating under water pump where it mounts

Is that a brass/copper wire wheel for cleaning gaskets? Looks like it cleaned them up pretty good. I started soaking mine with Pine Sol to see how that works. I need a faster way.

im not sure what the make up is its just a kitchen chour boy on a stiff wire brush that holds it ...that never touches anything ...and also that drille is varible sspeed locking type that has knob to adjust speed when locked spins realy slow ...and the mass of the drill helps alot ...touch and feel is everything in hand tool management and control ...it takes some time but is faster than most ways ..the other side of that is it can damage that fast too ...let the tool float and do the work dont apply presure hold back if anything :mrgreen: :rocks:

well im rather sure im going to put this motor in the 77 ...the mongrel will get the other one i have its an 86 1200 too...the plan is going to be tie up the carb rack on the 77 witch is 1100 carbs and take the 1000 motor out and to replace it with the 86 1200 im working on ...then attach carbs to it ...theres still the ignition wiring to deal with on the 77 ...but i might be more inclined to do it with the 1200 mod as the outcome to it all ...ill probably go dyna ignition and hopfuly stick coils on plugs ...when i had that going before i thought it was great ...i will probably seperate the ignition from the bike wiring at first to bypass all the honda ignition stuff to be free of that crap as degrsding the ignition voltage ...i plan to take pics all along the way till motor install and running ...im looking forward to the 77 1200 oldwing ...might even get heads put on tomarrow and be short block ready for the 77 :clapping: :mrgreen: :builder:

well did a lot of cleaning no head install for a whiile till everything is cleaned up nice ....on gaskit clening my main tool is a filet fisking knife ...idont dont wnt everyone thinking i power off everything i dont ...good knife in good hands dose most of my gaskit removal ....mostly do it dry there plenty of dit oil and suff to heep things lube up realy....anyway i might be a caveman but i do clean things up like i want this thing to run endless hrs at full blast and load ...things have to be clean and flat ...the heads are looking good the further i go ...one looks like it has some fine chatter marks in it hard to say if it was factory or later ...but nothing to be concern about ....no pics today nothing but cleaning