More Misery in Phoenix

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived in numerous locales east of the Mississippi over the first 40 years of my life. Locales ranging from the Texas gulf coast to Florida, North Carolina (home) and New England.

Without a doubt, and it’s not even close, Arizona summers are the most uncomfortable. (The Texas Gulf Coast is absolutely runner up.)

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=218833#p218833:1e8116ro said:
desertrefugee » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:13 am[/url]":1e8116ro]
I lived in numerous locales east of the Mississippi over the first 40 years of my life. Locales ranging from the Texas gulf coast to Florida, North Carolina (home) and New England.

Without a doubt, and it’s not even close, Arizona summers are the most uncomfortable. (The Texas Gulf Coast is absolutely runner up.)
Your in the cooler north of the state come down the bottom nearer the border where it is much hotter. :heat: :smilie_happy:

But not always Tony. For instance, it’s 102F right now at 11:44 AM in Phoenix. By contrast, in Bisbee, about 4 miles from the border, it’s 87. I would take that any day.

Speaking of Bisbee, what a delightful place to visit. Formerly an old mining town, all mining operations are shut down. It has now become a Mecca for old hippies. What a crazy eclectic town to visit. You would not believe some of the things that can be found in some of the shops down there. I absolutely love it. And it’s in the hills. Lovely area. Lovely for riding, lovely for visiting, camping, or catching a nice little hum in the afternoon… if you know what I mean...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=218853#p218853:9w3c1rkc said:
desertrefugee » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:48 am[/url]":9w3c1rkc]
But not always Tony. For instance, it’s 102F right now at 11:44 AM in Phoenix. By contrast, in Bisbee, about 4 miles from the border, it’s 87. I would take that any day.

Speaking of Bisbee, what a delightful place to visit. Formerly an old mining town, all mining operations are shut down. It has now become a Mecca for old hippies. What a crazy eclectic town to visit. You would not believe some of the things that can be found in some of the shops down there. I absolutely love it. And it’s in the hills. Lovely area. Lovely for riding, lovely for visiting, camping, or catching a nice little hum in the afternoon… if you know what I mean...
I lived in Douglas for awhile in the early 80s so I have had a few trips through Bisbee. In 85 when my wife had her first trip to the USA Mum had moved to Sierra Vista from Tucson so we stayed there with them. We also took a trip through Bisbee and down to Douglas and Agua Prieta. Bisbee was always cooler due to the elevation. :yes:

desertrefugee":2utwhbkz said:

I was stationed a Ft Huachuca ,married a gal from Bisbee lived there till we had orders for Germany and that was where she split the sheets , she was not going so ended that , but yep even in the 70's Bisbee was a hippy town

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=218912#p218912:1ludg5ii said:
Bigguy49 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:16 pm[/url]":1ludg5ii]
desertrefugee":1ludg5ii said:

I was stationed a Ft Huachuca ,married a gal from Bisbee lived there till we had orders for Germany and that was where she split the sheets , she was not going so ended that , but yep even in the 70's Bisbee was a hippy town

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
:yes: