My Latest Creation

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plskthompson1

Reaction score
I've been working on this over the winteronths and I finally got it to a presentable state. I have to tighten down a couple of bolts before the road test, but it's coming along well. The box is removable with a few hood pins, and I have a set of wooden slat rails to go along the front, back, and sides for when I don't need the full storage of the box.

Photo_032910_003.jpg

Photo_032910_002.jpg

Photo_032910_001.jpg

Looks good, enough room for the kids AND the cats! :smilie_happy:

Uh just kiddin around of course. I love kids.

I lengthened the tongue on mine because I read that improves handling. I also read they handle fine with the same tongue.
Let us know how your's does.

The wife and I recieved a tent set for Christmas a couple of years ago that include a 6 person tent, 2 sleeping bags, and 2 chairs in one convenient package. I've already loaded that in, added a couple of the collapseable chairs, and still have room for just about whatever else I could want on a motorcycle trip with me. I was afraid at first that the tent setup wasn't going to fit in it.

Oh yeah the kids and the cats fit in well. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Dont ask me how I know.

When my daughter and I went camping last summer, we were able to fit the following gear into just the bags and faring:

4 person tent
2 sleeping bags
2 pillows
Oil lantern
Queen size automatic mattress (pump built in, just push a button!)
7" DVD player with movies (in the true spirit of the BSA!) (An aside, when I was in the boy scouts, our troop had a motto, "A TV in every Tent!" Troop 593 Philadelphia Council)
Extra sweatshirts
C-Pap machine (If you have to ask, you don't need to know!)
Cameras and camcorder
flashlights
Shaving and personal kits
First aid kit
And a partridge in a pear tree!

I could have a field day with that trailer and my bags!

I could have a field day with that trailer and my bags!

Then you could take the kitchen sink and microwave :smilie_happy:

You fit all that in there eh? Your a good packer.

You apparently pack better than I do. Our plan is for the wife to get her license, and then when we can afford to take the time off, take the bikes on a decent vacation trip, and be able to take our kids with us. Our 5 year old has been riding behind me and my dad since she was 2. My 2 year old, who is in the picture, just started getting comfortable with bikes in general, so we are just now getting her behind us. The problem is we can't get either of them off the bikes now.

Kewl!! How much you rekon the rig itself weighs? Doesn't look overly hefty, as far as weight. :good:
A travel trailer fer kitties! :smilie_happy:
There are definitely some creative folks here at CGW. Ya'll rock! :clapping:

Ya'll keep on, and Imma gonna have to git me a trailer too! Don't know when I would ever need one, tho...

The box can't weigh more than 15 or 20 pounds. The trailer I think is around 150 to 200 if that much. I can lift the back of the trailer and move it around 1 handed if I need too.

mcgovern61":5d0mfcbe said:
When my daughter and I went camping last summer, we were able to fit the following gear into just the bags and faring:
7" DVD player with movies (in the true spirit of the BSA!) (An aside, when I was in the boy scouts, our troop had a motto, "A TV in every Tent!" Troop 593 Philadelphia Council)

Hmm i was in before portable TV.. ( 19 inch weighed 60 lbs) Troop 202, Ventura County Council, CA I now have a 7 inch digital over the air tv.. (can hook to cable or output from a dvd player)...

paddy ive seen them on ebay for about 128.00 mines home made thats what i like about it. i think dan modified his so its like a reese hitch which he could comment on . mines fab from the passinger pegs and grab rail monts you can probably see it in my signiture pic.

thomas the trailer looks good to me and looks like it will hold a little more stuff than most ive seen plus it flexable to flatbed to cargo nice, your daugter shows the progect like a pro

dan filipi":213v04ft said:
Looks good, enough room for the kids AND the cats! :smilie_happy:

Uh just kiddin around of course. I love kids.

I lengthened the tongue on mine because I read that improves handling. I also read they handle fine with the same tongue.
Let us know how your's does.

I didnt lengthen mine,but I did narrow it 7 inches to better fit the frame,pulls great,just think what I can haul w/trailor and sidecar :shock:
jake @ castle rock.jpg

Attachments

• michigan chillers.jpg
    michigan chillers.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCF0176.JPG
    DSCF0176.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 357
Joep":26yfysfu said:
mcgovern61":26yfysfu said:

Hmm i was in before portable TV.. ( 19 inch weighed 60 lbs) Troop 202, Ventura County Council, CA I now have a 7 inch digital over the air tv.. (can hook to cable or output from a dvd player)...

Find any online vendor that sells Add-On products and order this trailer hitch. Comes with the brackets to install it on bot 1100's and 1200's. Got it on my 82 and tow both my trailers with it.

https://www.addonaccessories.net/shop_de ... 100%2F1200

993-181.jpg

Here's my home made HF trailer.

Picture011.jpg

And here's my new 2-person pop-up camper.

100_2158.jpg

Man, I love the popup camper with the storage on top! Hmmmm, now that I have a new (and more powerful and reliable engine) maybe this might be worth looking into! :yahoo:

mcgovern61":3i6w7sq5 said:
Man, I love the popup camper with the storage on top! Hmmmm, now that I have a new (and more powerful and reliable engine) maybe this might be worth looking into! :yahoo:

It's a Mini-Mate and good, used ones can be found for under 1500. I bought mine from a friend that had moved up to a tear drop camper. It came with the additional awning and some other stuff he threw in he didn't need for the tear drop.

It doesn't have the stand up room other, larger brands have but it is lighter in weight and easier for my 1100 to tow. I bought it because my old wore out body is tired of sleeping on the ground.

Bagmaster":aw5fagyn said:
mcgovern61":aw5fagyn said:

It's a Mini-Mate and good, used ones can be found for under 1500. I bought mine from a friend that had moved up to a tear drop camper. It came with the additional awning and some other stuff he threw in he didn't need for the tear drop.

It doesn't have the stand up room other, larger brands have but it is lighter in weight and easier for my 1100 to tow. I bought it because my old wore out body is tired of sleeping on the ground.
You should start a new thread on your popup for others to consider! I noticed that you have two sets of mirrors? Did you add them back to the handle bars for the trailer?

I had a thread for it before the forum crash, just haven't put it back up. I added the mirrors just for the heck of it on the handlebars, just because I could. They come in real handy in heavy traffic. I need to take some pics of it set up, just been waiting to use it first.