New ebay starter (READ THIS BEFORE BUYING)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inferior craftsmanship for sure.
Who knows what other issues might crop up later, damaged chain from mismatch, gear break. I've seen plenty of crap out there claiming it's compatible.

Well I never was a fan of the aftermarket (disastermarket) but this is too much.

82a":3d4iljd3 said:
could you take a head on shot of the sprockets, one on top of the other? to better show the diff

These are the best I could get:
image.php
image.php

The new gear is just bigger. But still might be close enough to work. Given a little chain slack, and hit'n the splines just right on installation.....

as far as the teeth goes, the head shot shows a much closer match

the side shot of the teeth/gears i think greatly magnifies the difference plus it looks like you matched the edges on one side (rather than centering it) that then also accentuates the diff on the other side

ME? I would not use it! I would send it back! That space difference has to be made up somewhere and I would hate to stretch the chain to make it fit! :rtfm:

mcgovern61":3o9uyvq7 said:
ME? I would not use it! I would send it back! That space difference has to be made up somewhere and I would hate to stretch the chain to make it fit! :rtfm:

Is this chain only used during starter cranking?

Sure would have been a lot easier to check fit and tension when I had the rear cover off.

I'm thining you are going to be ok as well the teeth match up (I see one set is higher) and most importantly the lowest parts (where the chain sits) appear to match up as well

the good news is that it mighta looked ok, but then quickly have done damage in use

i'm a bit surprised to see how bad it's fitting to the chain

i'm kinda suspecting that the suppliers and sellers don't know the actual model coverages with the 3 diff part # as part of the prob

if that ever gets sorted out, might have some idea what's going on

i haven't come across any info that gets into the exact diffs with the 3 part#s

all i know about is 84 is one year only and there is a diff with teeth count

scdmarx":3gkjp3kl said:
I kinda think manufacturing specs got lost in translation.
Yes, maybe the different model specs 82a mentioned have gotten confused by them trying to duplicate it.

scdmarx":12543kbt said:
mcgovern61":12543kbt said:
WOW, the drawing even looks like the same dimensions as the one you got from Ebay! :smilie_happy:
Oh, that's not just a drawing my good man! NOOOOOOOOOOOoooo sir!
That there's wutcha call a Chinese Blue print.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

You know what is really a shame, there are reverse engineered Chinese items everywhere that are darn near equal to OEM, yet they really miss the mark on these!

In the Maritime world, we have huge issues on quality control with Chinese steel products.

Latest posts