New forum, Old Wing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalterM817

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys ,Looks like a lot of info about The old Wings on here. I'm currently redoing my old 82 Interstate so I'd like to pick everyones brain from time to time. Hope that's alright. I've actually worn this old wing down pretty bad in the past 15 years or so so she's getting a major freshening up. Just the stuff that creeps up on you like rust and paint worn out ,fork seals, swing arm bearings and the like.
Thanks, Walter

Welcome Walter! We love to help fix up these old wings. Feel free to read through the subjects and post your thoughts and questions.

Walter here is a picture of my brother Kim's white 2012 Road King

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. It's cool to look at someone else's pics and recognize some of the same issues and read about their solutions . My 82 has a few known problems and all but it's still a ball to ride. I'm not restoring in the classic sense . Just thoroughly trying to go over everything I can think of mechanically before I put a fun paint job on it.
My wife and I have been all over the midwest on it and we have too many memories and all of where it's taken us to let it just sit there and rot. We have plenty of bikes but the old wing is the main one we've grown to love just putting around on. They have a great personality. Thanks ,Walter