New Goldwing owner

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode the 1100 to work it was a great ride, but on the way home it died on me I was thinking gas put it on reserve and it started up made it to a station, filled it up but still running rough. So I started checking fuel lines, no fuel coming out of the fuel pump, I traced it back to the fuel filter, black gunk in it. So I tapped on it and knock the gunk out, put it all back together and ran fine all the way home. Got to get a new fuel filter and a spare.

Houndheadjr":3jjs7sl6 said:
Rode the 1100 to work it was a great ride, but on the way home it died on me I was thinking gas put it on reserve and it started up made it to a station, filled it up but still running rough. So I started checking fuel lines, no fuel coming out of the fuel pump, I traced it back to the fuel filter, black gunk in it. So I tapped on it and knock the gunk out, put it all back together and ran fine all the way home. Got to get a new fuel filter and a spare.
Be careful knocking the junk loose then reconnecting it because these carbs have real small jets and plug easy then they have to come off to clean them.

I have put almost 400 miles on the 80 wing in two weeks, I can't believe how good it runs. And everyone really likes it.

:good: :good: here she is :good: :good:
603380_457408200949207_1847996419_n.jpg

Things that I've done to the bikes, the 80 a new back tire, changed oil in the final drive, put a cb on it, change the oil twice, new speedo cable. Put lot of miles on it. The 82, put a single carb on it, new starter, need to put right side head gasket on it, going to do that soon as the weather gets right. :whip: Battery tender on both. :eek:k: