new guy here

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salrjk

Reaction score
ok, here i am, first post so i can lurk in here,, just traded an xr500 for an 82 aspencade 1100 cc. the guy gave me an extra engine that's only supposed to have 100 miles since rebuild. the one on it has a blown head. so i either scored good or not so good :hi:

Welcome to wing wrenchers not so anonymous. Blown head huh? His story or known fact? I'd check the timing belts first. If either one is out of place it can cause all sorts of bad things.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, salrjk!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Sounds like a pretty good deal, if either of the engines will run. A little detective work will help determine the problem with the one in it now.

Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

I agree......if the engines turn over freely, you have got it made! They are fairly easy to fix!

that was his story. i just got it and haven't looked at it too good. he started to tear it down and gave it up after taking off the left valve cover and cam. it's looking like a nice day today so i'm going to have a better look. i'll take some pictures.

i'm trying to post some pictures that i just took,, don't see any upload buttons, or maybe i'm not authorized,, yet.

salrjk":1i5mw1hd said:
i'm trying to post some pictures that i just took,, don't see any upload buttons, or maybe i'm not authorized,, yet.
The preferred method of posting pictures is to use your gallery then use the image links to display them in your post.
Here's a tutorial how to do that. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4667

The other way is to click on
button_topic_reply.png

then below your reply box is upload attachment to upload your pictures into just that post.