New member and new owner Today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwhawg

Reaction score
New member here just obtained a nice GL 1100. 1980 interstate Have had several. Wings in the past but when we moved back to Minnesota from Colorado four years ago sold all the toys. Missed the riding so now have an old wing to restore, it is is running condition but does need some restoration has about 130k miles on it .

Glenn anderson. Gwhawg

Welcome from Oz. Is it my imagination but did you move from cold to colder...

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Hey Old Goldwingers!! I am about to pick up a 79 Goldwing (Exactly like the one I bought new in 79 .....a long, long time ago....so thought I'd say HI. It is a barn find where the previous owner took it apart but then got sick and passed away. That was 6 years ago. It is in pieces but he fixed the 2 items on it that were not working. 1-full carb rebuild and 2- a rattle in the motor that turned out to be a rattly alternator. Anyway, the parts are nicely polished under a coat of dust and it comes with a vetter fairing, saddlebags and a complete 1100 engine in addition to the 1000 both of which are not installed in tghe bike. I noticed it has collector plates on it. a question for you experts out there. What items should I definitely give attention to when reassembling the bike? Hello again and I look forward to your input.

Def

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117051#p117051:33msivs6 said:
Joep » Tue May 06, 2014 9:31 pm[/url]":33msivs6]
Welcome from North TEXAS DFW area... Def... repost this question as a new post and we can deal with your issue separately..

Thanks Joep. Will do!