New Member in Michigan

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krazy48446

Reaction score
Hello, I just got back from a long road trip to Virgina (590 miles one way) to pick up my dream. I am now a proud owner of a 1983 GL1100 Aspencade. It's not perfect, but it's mine.
I hope to get some timing belts replaced (have no idea if they were ever replaced before) and to start riding it soon (well as soon as the snow gets off the roads). Just pulled it off the trailer tonight, and started it, let it warm up, and played with the digital dash, and the air compressor (it all seems to work). The radio, and CB don't seem to work, but I don't really know because I don't know the system well, and the volt meter doesn't work, but that's it the rest of the bike works. Runs a bit rough right now, but I am going to adjust the valves and go through the carbs when I replace the timing belts. I'm 99% sure that a valve adjustment and carb sync will be all it needs to be smooth as silk. I'm so excited. :yahoo:

About me... My name is Tim, they call me Krazy because I ride my GL500i through any weather Michigan has to offer, and for quite some time it was my only vehicle, and I was happy with that. I tow a trailer with my GL500i and will be looking for a trailer hitch for the GL1100A. if I don't find one soon, for less than I can build one for I will just stop being lazy and build one.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=109170#p109170:znvyna3w said:
Krazy48446 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:27 pm[/url]":znvyna3w]
I am now a proud owner of a 1983 GL1100 Aspencade. It's not perfect, but it's mine.

Welcome to the forums Tim! I love seeing statements like the one above in new member welcome threads. These old girls have a way of making folks fall head over heels. :lust:

~O~

welcome to classic the bikes are great ... as you know already :builder: with some personal determination they can really play in todays world of super bikes that are not that super at all :mrgreen:

I hope to post some pics soon, went out today and was so sad... 6 inches of new snow on my baby... Had to shovel a bit of snow around the house, then put my charger on the battery, and went back in. Bumped the starter a bit and she almost fired, but was turning slow. Maybe tomorrow, I can get it moved to it's place near the garage and take a few pics. Maybe if I am really lucky someone will recognize my new to me bike and be able to tell me some of the history. Someone loved it for about 100k miles. I also need to take care of a fix-it ticket soon, I got pulled over 10 miles from home on the way back and got a ticket for my trailer lights.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I started a new thread on my project. Expect it to go slowly though, as I am broke, and have no money. I also put up a picture of the bike.
https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=109335#p109335
Hopefully that link will take you to the new thread. Tell me what you think. Still trying to decide whether I am keeping that color or re painting it sometime in the future. Over all paint is in good shape, just unsure if I like the color or not.