Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Placerville

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings....

I just came across this board after seeing it referenced on another site. Looks good! My wife and I are retired and live in Placerville, CA. (that's about 20 miles east of Sacramento). Placerville is an 'old west' town and got it's start during the 1849 California gold rush. It's an outstanding riding area with endless scenic mountain roads.

I'm a retired LEO and my wife retired from at&t. I ride, she doesn't. I started riding in 1973 when I bought a new 750. In 1976 I sold it and bought a Sulfur Yellow GL which I still have today. Between then and now, I've had an '85, '95 and a 2001 GL. All gone now except for the Yellow. Nice to be here!

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Placerville!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

dan filipi":1subnj0n said:
Welcome to the site Placerville.
Maybe once I get my bike whipped back into shape we can meet up for lunch somewhere.

Thanks for the welcomes! (is that a word?)

Dan, I see you're in Van Nuys, So. Ca. I had an apartment there in the late 70's when I was young and resilient. (I'm sure it's changed quite a bit since then.) I did 99% of my working life in So. Ca. and can say without hesitation that I'll never return to that end of the state. However, if you're ever in the mood to travel to my area, I'd be more than happy to show you and yours some of the sights. You just might not leave.

Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

Got to get your pics up! I feel priviledged to have already seen it so many times over at NGW!

:clapping: r :builder: :Doh2: Welcome Placerville over here from NGW ,I am sure you can help over here at CGW like you have help me old LBROWDY and many others at NGW . Welcome from north central TEXAS.

Placerville":2xvbzljb said:
mcgovern61":2xvbzljb said:
Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

Got to get your pics up! I feel priviledged to have already seen it so many times over at NGW!
Thank you! (Working on that '5 Posts' requirement at the moment).

Well, I've got more than 5 posts and I still can't edit my profile, put up any links or URL's. Hmmmm. :popcorn: