New Pics of near final form of a 83 GL-I

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
griz":u0d3jfgo said:
OldWrench":u0d3jfgo said:
What affect did the Harley pipes have on the way she runs, and do you have the crossover pipe?
The engine has MAC headers on it, The mufflers are Harley DYNA take offs. No Jetting was required. My 50yrs of building I have never had a set of pipes like these. Normally you have to rejet. BUT not this time. The mufflers slip fit in to the headers too. Air suspension is active front and rear and has been lowered 3 full inches in the rear and dropped 2" in the front. Have aprox 3.5" ground clearance.
With the corbin seat on it, seat height is 27" unloaded, 25.5" loaded.

Nice Bike. How did you lower it in the rear and the front?
Also, I don't think I've ever seen risers like that.

I was also wondering about the seat. I want to keep my stock one for 2-up rides, but would love to have a solo for...well...solo rides.

Driven":16hgym7r said:
I was also wondering about the seat. I want to keep my stock one for 2-up rides, but would love to have a solo for...well...solo rides.
==============================================
The seat was built by Corbin and is listed for the GL1000. Had to make some brackets to clear the t-sigs. Other wise I would have drilled and tapped the frame.

griz":174w3tbq said:
The seat was built by Corbin and is listed for the GL1000. Had to make some brackets to clear the t-sigs. Other wise I would have drilled and tapped the frame.

Sorry for the newb question...what's a t-sig?

Ahhh, ok. Thanks. So otherwise it slides into the front bracket and bolts on in the rear with no mods? My brake light/turn signal are mounted low on the fender so I don't think they are in the way. They will be going bye bye too as they look cheesy, just not sure what I'll put in their place.