New (prospect) builder in the online 1100 MC

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDub

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

ScreenName:BigDub
Domain: Sacramento
Loves: touring and working on my GW's. Chasing the tang! That's "poon-tang" for any affiliate-english speakers!
Strengths: rebuilding oxidized components including: Powder coating at home, sandblasting, bead polishing, carb rebuilding, engine dominating(particluarly locked jobs that have been exposed to "Ms. Water....she's a real bitch" )
Coming soon: 2 completed GL 1100 projects by Spring 2011; #1: a naked custom bagger(possible chop-job) #2: a full restoration (minus for custom paint)

Glad to be hear and I look forward to swapping tales from the shop!

Take care,
BigDub

:music:

welcome bigdub you and me sound a like ...glad you found us .... :mrgreen:

gee ijust look over at my avitar and i went from advanced member to senior ....is this a promotion or being sent out to pasture... :headscratch: :nea: :heat: :rant: :ahem: :mrgreen:

joedrum":2so65vl2 said:
welcome bigdub you and me sound a like ...glad you found us .... :mrgreen:

gee ijust look over at my avitar and i went from advanced member to senior ....is this a promotion or being sent out to pasture... :headscratch: :nea: :heat: :rant: :ahem: :mrgreen:

Only go out in the pasture when there are some nice cows and green grass.
:smilie_happy:

dan filipi":pn3q3y12 said:
Welcome from SoCal Bigdub!

Post some pics of your rides and restorations in the Gallery.
No better way to express the love we have for the flat 4's and motorcycles IMO.

I have 100's of shots. starting next Thursday, I should have plenty of time for uploading some of the better ones.

:builder:

skiri251":34t5wavf said:
Welcome!

Powder coating and sand blasting..
I wish I lived near you.

I'm glad you don't! :cool!:

JK....take a road trip up through Sac-town and swing on by and drop off a part for rebuild/coating and pick up on your way back through.

The sierra's are some of the best places to tour. lots of lakes and great trouting in the spring summer fall!

Anytime bro! Just give me a heads-up.

:music3:

Welcome from New Jersey! :clapping:

I am going to be in Rio Vista after the first of the year giving you guys a new ferry!

Attachments

• IMG_3003.JPG
    IMG_3003.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 241
mcgovern61":1g8w9dk6 said:
Welcome from New Jersey! :clapping:

I am going to be in Rio Vista after the first of the year giving you guys a new ferry!

Thanks dude! California doesn't have enough of those already? :smilie_happy:

Oh well, better odds for me to hook up with a hot chic. :salute:

Omega Man":6ybiq4np said:
A custom bagger project sounds cool :cool: Welcome.

~O~

Yes sir! I hope to slightly bob the back end(or customize the seat rearend setup put on some slickster side bags and otherwise keep pretty stock. May try to tighten in the handle bars to give it kind of a "bomber jacket" feel when its altogether with the paint.

But, my full dresser will be more for Vegas runs etc.....

I preciate the greetings keep em coming!

BigDub":2v8zu4v9 said:
Omega Man":2v8zu4v9 said:
A custom bagger project sounds cool :cool: Welcome.

~O~

Yes sir! I hope to slightly bob the back end(or customize the seat rearend setup put on some slickster side bags and otherwise keep pretty stock. May try to tighten in the handle bars to give it kind of a "bomber jacket" feel when its altogether with the paint.

But, my full dresser will be more for Vegas runs etc.....

I preciate the greetings keep em coming!

UUU Vegas.
I want to make a Vegas run on the bike. Haven't done that trip yet.

Your project sounds interesting.
Keep track with pics!

UUU Vegas.
I want to make a Vegas run on the bike. Haven't done that trip yet.

Your project sounds interesting.
Keep track with pics![/quote]

LET ME SEE IF THIS PHONE WILL SEND THE PICS.

Attachments

• 2010-12-06_23-55-57_179.jpg
    2010-12-06_23-55-57_179.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 100
Welcome Sir from Kansas City Kansas, I'm looking forward to seeing your work...You found a great site here. :grin:

littlebeaver":3qfgcpto said:
Welcome Sir from Kansas City Kansas, I'm looking forward to seeing your work...You found a great site here. :grin:

Been cruising thru the tech forums which are greatly indepth. Looking forward to reassembling the case tomorrow. Debating whether to try cutting out my own head gaskets. i plan to test fire by new year's or shortly thereafter. Will gladly post the operational pics as soon as she's a bona fide complete and running rebuild.

It's starting to get exciting for me again. i can remember when i first realized she was locked-up. so far it's been a fun challenge but, that moment was kind of a bummer. i feel like the Honda engineering will bring me through with a smile inspite of all the deep rust that had to be rebuilt around.