New starter, new solenoid, worked at first now won't turn over...bench test on starter OK....wtf?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello i have the same problem i think. i rebuilt my starter and it still wont turn over could mine be hydrolocked allso and if so anyone close by that might want to lend a hand fixing it and one other question can u push start an 82 interstate?

Welcome aboard. Pull all the spark plugs and try turning it over with the starter. If the battery is fully charged. Do it outside and stand behind the motor. With fuel valve off. Smell the oil. If it smells of gasoline change the oil before attempting to start it. Yes you can push start these bikes if you have the muscle. A little bit of a hill helps but if it doesn't start you'll have to push it back.

I'm finally working on my new (old) project 1984 gl1200 40,000 miles, it's been sitting inside for 8 years, plugs look good, engine turns over by hand, My issue is.. PO wired in an ebay solenoid, cut the original wire connector of, BUT there is only THREE wires , is that normal on some ? should the 4th wire be grounded to frame ?

Latest posts