New York Winger

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirGary

Reaction score
Hi.....I am not a full time Winger, I had a buddy who was in the middle of a divorce and he needed money bad, so, knowing I was saving for a HD, he talked me into buying his two year old Gold Wing.

I figured I'd ride it until it fell apart and then go and buy the HD I had been saving for...

That was thirty years ago and I figure in another ten or fifteen years it will finally give up the ghost and I'll be on a HD that doesn't have an AMF on the tank..

...so I'm a temparary Winger...

I live in New York but I ride all over New England...when it comes to going on a ride, it isn't my Wing I worry about making it out of the county...my butt isn't what it use to be I guess...

I like to read the thoughts of others who own Wings so I will lurk in the shadows, my only regret is my repair knowledge is more in tune to the use of duck tape and coat hanger wire than actually doing a full rebuild......=/

I'll post pictures when I take them and ya'll can get a giggle just like the boys at the biker bar...=)

Welcome to the CGW Forums, SirGary!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hey...whuts rong wid duc tape? :builder:

Welcome aboard! When you do get that harley put the wing in the garage. It won't be long before they switch places I'll bet.

I did that for a long time, I'd just read stuff and lurk until I got up the courage to finally post something, I'm glad I finally did, there truly are some really good fella's on this site...And one old school fysty lady that i know of.. Welcome to the site and we can't wait to see your photo's...

SirGary":2ttn7bt2 said:
Hi.....I am not a full time Winger, I had a buddy who was in the middle of a divorce and he needed money bad, so, knowing I was saving for a HD, he talked me into buying his two year old Gold Wing.

I figured I'd ride it until it fell apart and then go and buy the HD I had been saving for...

That was thirty years ago and I figure in another ten or fifteen years it will finally give up the ghost and I'll be on a HD that doesn't have an AMF on the tank..

...so I'm a temparary Winger...

I live in New York but I ride all over New England...when it comes to going on a ride, it isn't my Wing I worry about making it out of the county...my butt isn't what it use to be I guess...

I like to read the thoughts of others who own Wings so I will lurk in the shadows, my only regret is my repair knowledge is more in tune to the use of duck tape and coat hanger wire than actually doing a full rebuild......=/

I'll post pictures when I take them and ya'll can get a giggle just like the boys at the biker bar...=)

Hey there Gary. Welcome aboard. See you made it. You'll find a great bunch here. Enjoy. This is a great way to drown some of those pesky trubles. Angela aka fysty-1