Old folk ramblin....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever..

22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

24. People who forward e- mail without deleting the tons of previous recipients should be shot and then tarred and feathered.

25. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important. Ladies quit Laughing!

Heal the past, live the present, dream the future.

Enjoy life!!!

Speakin of being older than dert...Someone asked the other day, 'What was your favorite fast food when you were growing up?'
'We didn't have fast food when I was growing up,' I informed him. 'All the food was slow.'
'C'mon, seriously. Where did you eat?'
'It was a place called 'at home,' I explained. ! 'Mom cooked every day and when Dad got home from work, we sat down together at the eatin table, and if I didn't like what she put on my plate I was allowed to sit there until I did like it.'
By this time, the kid was laughing so hard I was afraid he was going to suffer serious internal damage, so I didn't tell him the part about how I had to have permission to leave the table.

Here are some other things I would have told him about my childhood if I figured his system could have handled it :
Some parents NEVER owned their own house, wore Levis, set foot on a golf course, traveled out of the country or had a credit card.
My parents never drove me to school. I had a bicycle that weighed probably 50 pounds, and only had one speed, (slow).
We didn't have a television in our house until I was 19. It was, of course, black and white, and the station went off the air at midnight, after playing the national anthem and a poem about God. It came back on the air at about 6 a.m. and there was usually a locally produced news and farm show on, featuring local people...
I never had a telephone in my room. The only phone was on a party line. Before you could dial, you had to listen and make sure some people you didn't know weren't already using the line.
Pizzas were not delivered to our home... But milk was.
All newspapers were delivered by boys and all boys delivered newspapers -- my brother delivered a newspaper, six days a week. He had to get up at 6AM every morning.
Movie stars kissed with their mouths shut. At least, they did in the movies. There were no movie ratings because all movies were responsibly produced for everyone to enjoy viewing, without profanity or violence or most anything offensive.
If you grew up in a generation before there was fast food, you may want to share some of these memories with your children or grandchildren. Just don't blame me if they bust a gut laughing.

Growing up isn't what it used to be, is it?

MEMORIES:
My Dad is cleaning out my grandmother's house (she died in December) and he brought me an old Royal Crown Cola bottle. In the bottle top was a stopper with a bunch of holes in it.. I knew immediately what it was, but my daughter had no idea. She thought they had tried to make it a salt shaker or something. I knew it as the bottle with water in it that sat on the end of the ironing board to 'sprinkle' clothes with because we didn't have steam irons. Man, I am old.

How many of these things do you remember?
Head lights dimmer switches on the floor.
Ignition switches on the dashboard.
Pant leg clips for bicycles without chain guards.
Soldering irons you heat on a gas burner.
Using hand signals for cars without turn signals.

Older Than Dirt Quiz : Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you were told about

1.Candy cigarettes
2.Coffee shops with tableside juke boxes
3.Home milk delivery in glass bottles
4. Party lines on the telephone
5.Newsreels before the movie
6.TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were only 3 channels [if you were fortunate] )
7.Peashooters
8. Howdy Doody
9. 45 RPM records
10.Hi-fi's
11. Metal ice trays with lever
12. Blue flashbulb
13.Cork popguns
14. Studebakers
15. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-3 = You're still young
If you remembered 3-6 = You are getting older
If you remembered 7-10 = Don't tell your age,
If you remembered 11-15 =You're older than dirt!

I might be older than dirt but those memories are some of the best parts of my life. :yes:

I'm older than dirt. I can also remember the words to the Statler brothers song "Do you remember these". Yes I do. Remember we all shared the same coke and no one got sick?

I am proud to be an old fart.
I remember when coke of cola had real cocane as an ingredeient. No wonfer it was better then!
I remember my first pair of shoes that had leather sols on them, alomst killed myself when I came out of the store and stepped on the slick sidewalk.
Remember when you got a new pair of shoes for the start of school and by Xmas you were using cardboard as insoles to cover the holes and try to keep the feet dry??????
:Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

AApple":ohzaz48i said:
Head lights dimmer switches on the floor.
I remember that in New Jersey, when the dimmer light was first put on the turn signal, we had a whole bunch of accidents from people getting their foot caught in the steering wheel! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

older than dirt ...thats me....i can remember the deep south segrigation when blacks could not eat inside the restraunts and public bathrooms were men women and blacks ....but as kids we lived right next to the blacks with a park in the middle between us and we had no problems as kids ...the whole thing was a joke to us big time black and white stupidity ....it was easy to find the people that were good to both races black and white and also like kids ....it was equaly easy to find the people that hated others in both races ...black and white racist were always kid haters also.....i lived not far from where the movie rosewood was about ....i always loved the black stores of the day that were dirt floor or more likely peanut shell covered sand floor ....the open neighborhood type ways on the dirt roads ....and the complete friendlyness of us kids that just wanted to play ....thats all gone now ...im not saying it was better then ......but at least the choices were obvious and bad people stuck out like skunks and everything about them stunk ....now days people are just sensored to death and worst than ever with the lack of freedom....now the gov is the obvious racist with there policies of lack of freedom and sensorship .....back in the day you had to be an idiot to be a racist cop and eat donuts at the restraunt where blacks worked in the kitchen but couldnt eat in the dinner ....even at five yrs old i could figure that out ....they got exactly what there attidude reaped

This past Christmas my sweet daughter got me a license plate frame that says" EST. 1954 " across top and " OLD FART " across the bott0m . Really coool :music:

Hi kids.....I am so old, I was a deckhand on the Mayflower... :roll:

As I was saying on another forum, as an 18 year old sailor in 1962, I stood armed beach watch at the sub pens on Key West Naval Station during the Cuban crisis, went to sonar school every other day....I may one of the few who have ever seen a total military takeover of a US town. It is extremely spooky in case anyone wonders....
I also stood at attention as Prez John Kennedy was driven by. We lined the roads on the naval station and snapped to attention as he passed...
Brian