Questions of the day

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkB

Reaction score
Good morning, fellow Oldwingers!

I have a question. I tried looking at the Goldwing differences chart to answer my questions and to a certain degree, it did.

My big question is; how much difference is there between an ’82 frame and an ’83? Will an ’83 motor bolt into an ’82 frame, or the other way around? Will an ’83 final drive bolt up to an ’82 motor?

I’m scheming a long term project, here, so the questions are relevant. Maybe.

Mark

yes to all ...there are some minor wiring differences...the wheels ...final drive ...all the same stuff ...thegearing is different on motors but cloose ...both are great .... :mrgreen:

joedrum":1agsoqyo said:
yes to all ...there are some minor wiring differences...the wheels ...final drive ...all the same stuff ...thegearing is different on motors but cloose ...both are great .... :mrgreen:

Looking at the differences chart, the motor gearing is the same. The final drive gearing is different. I think, anyway.. I was mostly curious about the bolting up thing. Thanks!

Mark

lots of info is misleading ...the final drives are all the same but the ratio was figured with tire size difference making one think the drive was different....1st gear and fifth gear are different in the trans from 82 to 83 ...the secondary primary gearing from motor to trans is totaly different on the 83 making it taller gearing overall ....but everything dose bolt up fine ....