Radio tuner on handlebar and radio wont stop on a power staion??

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibi

Reaction score
Have an 82 Aspencade Its new to me last 5 months,The radio tuner on the bar scans but when it stops on a staion it wont land on a power staion .The radio itself does the same thing.We cant figure why it wont stop on a workable staion.Questionis is ,it the radio or the bar tuner,or both Need help trying to figure where to look or what could be the problem.Thanks for any help

If it is a clarion it probably needs the handlebar switch cleaned.. The switch is probably so dirty that the contact is not releasing from the contact and keeps radio moving on the band.

If you tear the switch apart be careful and not lose the little ball bearing in there(ask me how I know).--There is a ball in there that is spring loaded. Do not lose the little spring in there either.

Just spray some electrical cleaner on it after you get it apart.

Let us know if this is the cause.

Thanks for the quick reply and repair problems.Ill check the antenna first.Sounds the easiest first.If thats ok Ill get after the switch Thanks again

All good things to check but don't be surprised if the tuner itself is weak or needs repair. If I remember right the tuner isn't part of the control panel it is a separate box buried behind the control panel inside your faring, as well there is an amplifier but that is another box behind the turn signal.
Many of these bikes sit outside in the elements and the control box gets condensation ,heat,cold and can suffer from corrosion. I think mine has the same trouble on FM but AM is fine. If all else fails and you take out the box look for corroded or weak solder joints, sometimes a good idea to re heat all of them and give it a good look over with a magnifying headset.

Maybe it's a Canadian bike, and works on the metric radio stations only...... :blush:
:hihihi:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=98376#p98376:273ojdpo said:
AApple » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:10 pm[/url]":273ojdpo]
Maybe it's a Canadian bike, and works on the metric radio stations only...... :blush:
:hihihi:
:smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

Does your car's radio pick up strong signals in your location? The search feature on your Honda radio is looking for a substantial signal and won't stop until it finds one - or you interrupt the search.