Rear Master Cylinder Flare Fitting - GL1000 75

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxystaxi

Reaction score
I've looked at the rear brake line on my GL1000 75 and it looks like rubber on the shorter section leading to the caliper is dry rotting.

What's the fitting size of the Flare end that goes into the master cylinder? Could I replaces it with a banjo bolt?

I think I'm going to replace the entire section of rear line with stainless steel instead of just the rubberized part. I'm assuming the fitting for the brake caliper is 10mmx1.25.

Thanks!

im not sure what it is ..seems like i did the same thing but remember nothing about size ..but seem to remember it wasnt easy to do if your going to buy a line buy one that replaces that steel line also ..sure is in bad spot

After a little more digging it seems as the connection to the caliper may be 10mmx1.0

I'll see if I can take the section to the local auto parts store to have them measure it up.

If you want a new metal line they now make an alloy of copper & nickel I think. Had to replace the brake lines on my car, from proportioning valve to back caliper hose, this stuff is GREAT bends, & flairs EASILY!!! Saved me a lot of work, didn't need to drop gas tank, or sub frame!!! Been used on high end cars for years, never rusts.

I just did my '77 GL1000. I replaced the rigid and rubber hose with a single length of stainless steel braided hose. Use this to go into the caliper (10mm x 1.25) and into the rear master cylinder.

DSC06164.jpg

Alternatively, you can use a 90 degree banjo bolt, like this one:

DSC06158.jpg

Use whatever length of ss brake line that you need. All of Z1 Enterprises brake lines screw into the above fittings.

You got it! That's exactly what I did. I but the Russells stainless steel braided line and the same fittings shown. Works like a charm.