Rear Tire Recommendation

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes there are some who say things dont change much ...there wrong ....tallest is 1800...1500 next as tire is bigger than 1200 ratio is the same though...1200 next ...1100 next ....1000 lowest final...this is all on same motor...they made gearing changes also in motors ....making them as different as final drives ....

the 1200 stuff made a real tour bike out of my 1000 framed bike ...it also has a 1200 motor in it that is done up with aggressive cams and heads than 1200 comes with ....so the package was tall in grearing and also very fast ... really not much stock on my bike ....weber carb also.....im building one now with 1500 final and wheel it will be a dresser and will be 1200 powerd ...when i get home from fla im going to finish it

on my 1100, i used all the 84 1200 stuff that Joe said would work, complete swing arm,wheel,brakes,shaft everything and just as Joe said.. bolt in and go!! you do gain a couple of inches of wheel base and you need to cut the groove or rain gutter out of the top/left inner rear fender or the much wider tire will rub as you bike will be a couple of inches lower, for me.. a HUGE plus! and in the end, you pick up right at 10 mph at the same rpm as the 1100 drive and wheel. If you run most of your riding at 80mph as i do, it makes it nice. Also as Joe said, you can also use the 1500 wheel and drive on your 1200 swing arm by drilling the holes. the change is that a 1500 uses a 16" wheel and the 1200 is a 15" wheel , i am sticking with the 15" wheel as i like the low bike. i also put the whole 1200 front end on mine and that lowered it another 1.5" in the front. for me it is right where i want it. you will love the 1200 rear end! and Man, it really fill's up the 1100 rear fender with tire! looks much better!