rear wheel question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgq700

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never read anything about it but i gotta ask.... Has any one ever found a 18" or 19" rear wheel that will work on a 1100?? Mine is a 80 so i have a 17" rear wheel and with the 83 engine, it is Much Better on the interstate but being the pig that i am... I would like to lose some more RPM at 75/80 mph. i have loads of power from about 1500 rpm so i would like to run 80 at about 3500 rpm(a man can dream can't he?) so the only option would be a taller wheel/tire combo. If ya don't ask.. i will never know!! I ride 160 miles a day so i figure it can't hurt the old girl :whistling:

62 t bird.. 390 4 bbl... 4 dum brakes and heavy steel body.. it would have worked I guess.. 30% of stopping power in panic mode on the rear brakes with 70% on the front.. but after have changed from drum to disc on a gs550.. abd riding these.. I prefer the simplicity of the disc

i used to run drum's on one of my old drag car's, drum's do work well and have much less drag friction than a disc but you only have one hit on the brakes at high speed and they are DONE! While that is exciting, i seem to have lost my danger seeker "T" shirt :smilie_happy: