Riding a MC on water?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
How could this be possible?
Wouldn't it sink right away?

1239177229_water-motorcycle.gif

hummmmmmmmmm, I'd say it you was going Fast Enough , and as short as that pool is , it might be possable . Sure looks real

Couple of sheets of lexan or plexiglass maybe, that's a insane stunt because if it failed he's gonna hit some concrete really hard and probably be killed..

I tried that once up at upper lake during new years holiday went for a ride with my cronies up the mountian in the mud.... came back down after 3 hrs of riding it was about 35 degrees....Thought i would be smart and clean up the bike...found a nice pool of water so i fit it at speed :doh: ....Honda TT500s make fast diving subs :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: the water was 5 ft deep :sensored: , and it only took 10 minutes to turn the bike up side down with the plug out and pump the water out of the cylinder and get it running again... spent the next hour at the camp fire in a cloud of steam as i dried out :party: :whistling: ....that was 18 years ago and i still get razzed about it :cool!: Some times you just can't grow up :salute: :salute:

That's the shallow end of the kiddee pool. Only 4" deep. Knobby tires make better paddle wheels than street tires but only a tiny bit. It's just another optical delusion.

The only time I ever hit water unexpectedly, I certainly didn’t stay on top. Back in ‘69 my older brother was on the back and we were coming home from a second shift machinists job on my 305 Honda Dream.
We hit high water in the dark and he was only holding on to our dinner buckets, one in each hand. It stopped me in about ten feet. He was up over my back and I was in the windshield. Everything stayed upright and I road through about 100 feet of water up over the mufflers. :yahoo: :grin:

Believe me, I wouldn’t want to try a swimming pool. :lol:

look close.
he gets pretty deep, and he is balancing back on the bike basically holding the front up...
also there is something at the end of the pool like a ram or plywood
at speed the bike will hydroplane for a short distance... but its the getting back out part thats tricky.
I think this is real.
I grew up on dirt bikes, and lived on a river.
lots of resistance in water if your moving fast enough
but he is sinking, and really only goes a short distance before hes back on something solid.

I've seen similar stunts like that before. Some make it....some don't. Most make it fine for a few feet.:smilie_happy:
I say we get joedrum to try it out someday....when it gets warmer, and all the snow goes away. Whaddya say, Joe?
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

On my computer, it looks like the stairs and area to the left of the bike are superimposed. I have ridden through deep puddles at high speed and I can tell you that gravity always wins! I also think it is not deep and there is something under the water giving it stability. The water spray would not be as high as it is if the depth of the water was actually 3 or 4 feet. Spray is like a wake....higher waves...shallow water. Ever been to the beach? Waves don't rise or break until they hit shallow water, Same here.

Havent any of you guys seen the "NITROCIRCUS"?
They dedicate the better part of a half hour show to this very stunt.The success' and failures.And exactly how they did it.

AApple":1xa7a7ti said:
I've seen similar stunts like that before. Some make it....some don't. Most make it fine for a few feet.:smilie_happy:
I say we get joedrum to try it out someday....when it gets warmer, and all the snow goes away. Whaddya say, Joe?

It goes a whole lot easier if you dont wait for the warm up. :lol:

Tory":1j98r27o said:
AApple":1j98r27o said:

It goes a whole lot easier if you dont wait for the warm up. :lol:
Yep a lot easier when the water is "stiff" (ice). :smilie_happy:

Ever see someone barefoot ski, it is the same principle, if you are going fast enough and can maintain the speed you can stay on the surface. That seems to be exactly what this guy is doing, if he had gone any slower he would have sunk like a rock.