Route 66

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildwing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet a lot of us live near old US 66. Thought it would be cool to start a photo thread on the old highway. So if your travels take you on or across the Mother Road just shoot a pic and post it here. Old signs, motels, abandoned service stations, mile markers, anything goes as long as it was shoot on 66. Be creative. Roadkill can even look good if captured in the right light.

Yes, neat idea!

I've been looking for a few shots I had of a trip my wife and I took to Laughlin Nevada of some old buildings and an old desert beaten stretch of abandoned highway.
Will keep looking.

Oops, forgot to tell you where the above Pics was taken. Please let us know the general area where your photo was taken.
I took the above photo near the Cajon pass I-15 in San Bernardino Ca. between Kenwood Ave and hwy 138.

Cajon Pass I-15 between Kenwood and 138

Just got back from a 3 day desert ride. Snapped these pics at Roy's Cafe/motel near Amboy Ca.
87520 National Trails Hwy, Amboy, CA 92304

Attachments

• 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 065.JPG
    065.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 139
Nice pics!! I've traveled a few miles on 66 in the Corvette a few years back. Dint get no pics(was trying to beat a dang tornader home), but did pick up some souvenirs... :moped:

Did run some 66 but in a cage last Sept.. did get pics but the sd cards went to not avail.. sucks.. Joel.. out near Amarillo is midpoint.. in Adrian, TX.. half way point to Chicago and L.A... also Winslow Arizona.. "standing on a corner"... I may be able to find that one.. and Seligman to Kingman Az... those we lost.. and for those who are v wondering.. Oklahoma has the most old 66 miles of any states..

Found the corner shot..

Attachments

• standing on a corner.png
    standing on a corner.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 127
I take 66 several times a week, It is in Glendora and not much to photo except many buisness take advantage of the 66 logo. Now it is all cool but a few decades ago it was forgotten, used to be called Alosta ave. I still use Alosta , It is like they abandoned their child then the child becomes famous and now they want to bask in the childs fame.
I`ll get some pics when I get out there, also have some historic pics of that section under construction sometime in the 20`s.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=109210#p109210:o153h8iy said:
joedrum » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:54 am[/url]":eek:153h8iy]
cool pic joe
+1