Seats, the best of times, and the worst of times.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapnDenny1

Reaction score
I sold my seat from my Suzuki Marauder on ebay. The guy bought the same day I listed it. I shipped it the next day, USPS Parcel Post. Then the post office decided to take their good old time shipping it. He got real impatient and after 5 days he filed a complaint with ebay (Who no longer deserves caps). The waited a week and gave him his money back. I tried to cancel the shipment, but I suspect he has the seat and his money. A real jerk of a guy.

I got my bonus at work and decided to spend it on a new seat for the '82 Goldwing.

I thought at first Day-Long, but it didn't make sense to spend that much on just a seat, like around $700.

Then I thought Rick Meyer, who had a special for October, $100 off, and $100 off the leather option. I sent an email and called and got no reply to either after 3 days.

I have an old old old Diamond seat fro the GL-1100 which is pretty good. The foam is kind of deteriorated, and I sit too far forward, but it is fairly comfortable. So I called Diamond and talked to Mark. He gave me a price of $499 for a new cutom built seat. he said he would make it for my weight and inseam, and for my wife's weight and size. he said he built a seat for someone that was 6'8" and 450 lbs, and whose wife was 120 lbs. I'm around 300, so he said I would be easy to build a seat for. He threw in shipping and is doing the ladder diamond weave that is usually seen on the Hartco seats I've seen. He owns both Diamond and Hartco. They are different companies, with different factories and people working at them, but he owns them both. I asked him if a Hartco seat would be better, and he said, it would be the same seat. I also explained to him that I put a '83 trunk bracket on my '82, which moves the trunk back by 2 inches. I also re-located the trunk by moving the attachment brackets on the bottom of the trunk, so the trunk is actually about 3 1/2 inches further back on my '82 than a normal '82. So he is going to move my seat back 2 full inches an dextend the length of the seat 2 full inches so my gal doesn't get squeezed out. Mark is a nice guy, but he is also a darn good salemen, so watch out if you call him.

It will take 30 days to have it made, but I am excited. Let's hope we have some nice weather in early december so I can try it out. i will post some pictures when I get it.

Take care all,

Dennis

:sensored: There are scammers that do that crap regularly on fleabay, and they never do anything about THEM. Since fleabay has changed hands, it's become more of a liability than anything. :nea:

Good to hear you finally got someone that is interested in helping with the seat, anyway. :good:

Don't steal, don't lie and don't cheat. The government hates competition!

Attachments

• cheat.jpg
    cheat.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 101
In all fairness, I did get an email reply from Rick Meyer seats. he confirmed that with my weight +300#, I would be better off with a Day-Long saddle. Let's hope Diamond also knows what they are doing with us big guys.