Selling to someone in Canada

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBH

Reaction score
Has anyone here in the U.S. ever sold a bike to someone in Canada? I'm wondering what legal things need to be done by the seller?

Chasrogers bought one in Tenn. He's in Canada. On his side he has to deal with customs. Seller as I understand it need only deliver a clean bike. Each sale differs some depending on the circumstances of the buyers and sellers at the time. I'm sure some of our Canadian members will have more to add soon.

I think the buyer needs a document from the manufacturer of the bike that all recalls where performed. You can really make your bike more attractive to canadian buyers if you can provide this letter with the sale. It eliminates a lot of uncertanties for the buyer who may not want to purchase it only to find out when he goes to register it that he might be on the hook for getting recall work performed and the manufacturer doesn't want to cover it because it's a foreign bike. I think you can get the letter from a dealer for a few bucks or free or the canadian buyer has to get it himselfonce he gets it home. Either way he needs that recall letter to register it.

Jorg