shock treatment to cooling

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok very pleased with work ...today i have another option im going to also do with another pulley ...this may also be like readying it for another bike ....im also taking rear wheel off today ...needs valve stem i got and lost already sheesh wheel coming off anyway :builder: :thanks:

pics...
image.php

pic of pulley after i cut stem and milled it true by hand

image.php

pic of cut off stem right after hack saw by hand...it was about a heavy 3/16" icluding cut kerf

image.php

this is install ... and completely solid to crank pulley no shims or anything needed here...it also has three threaded holes to pin to crank pulley to take load off crank bolt

image.php

nice and tucked in

image.php

hmmm whats that?

image.php

thats what the three holes were for pulley hub cap..not sure if ill use it or not ....

image.php

now that bike is good and lite im going to push it uphill to the doghouse and and take the wheel off so i can dismount car tire again to put in valve stem ...and take pics of the wheel hand mill job that allows 15"car tire to bead easy that several want to see pics of....ithe rest of the work will be in the doghouse ...ill get the engine there too.. :builder: :thanks:

pics
image.php

this is the stab..

image.php

how deep

image.php

the victom

image.php

tapped and screwed.....the v pulley is one with the crank pulley...now only thing left is to get a bit longer crank bolt ....im rather sure there is going to be no radiator to move or not much '''everything else is up in the air ...once new bolt is in the engine.... its ready to put back in bike ...good stator now ... pulley on engine for alt mod or something else ...the load has been releaved from the crank bolt now so all this done on this pulley :builder: :thanks:

ok im very pleased with the results on the pulley install ....today im going to hope i can get bolt close by for crankshaft ... and just put motor back in ...i couldnt push the roller frame to the building by myself ...some touch up work to do on timing covers ...going to retension the belts a bit ..though there very close now after all the miles on it ....

well no bolt to be had around here ...its a 12mm extra fine thread...stock is a 1 1/16 shaft and grade 10 bolt....i need 9/16" longer one ..but 1 1/2" shaft bolt would do fine ... :rant:

pics
image.php

engine ready to go ...cleaned all the mill work from front covers belt pulleys and all ..retension the belts ....and rough milled the cuts i made and got good clearence for belts now

image.php

i like my hub cap ...motor going back in bike....the covers actually fit great ..its just what they fit to is unseen .....they cut to the flat line ..meaning it could be fill in to fit tight around pulley rather easy ..... :builder: :thanks:

Nice work joe !! I've had my ready for external alternator for about a year or so now, one of my riding friends noticed it and said, Mike, you threw a belt, I said no, I just hadn't decided whether to add air conditioning or power steering yet. :shock: :whistling: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

ok ive got only a few things to say here....it is foolish to take a motor out of a wing on gravel driveway with steep incline.....and no sky hook ...sheesh bike fell 2 times ...im totally wore out ... if it wasnt for my wife finallly helping me ...i dont think the motor would be in now .... sheesh dont ever try this ... :Doh2: oh well i lived through it ..time to :builder: :thanks:

Latest posts