shock treatment to cooling

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that this will happen, but will the 1500 brake work? I know the 1200 swing arm can be made to fit the 1500 final drive, couldn't remember which brake to use.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=157852#p157852:188agyuv said:
ekvh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:28 am[/url]":188agyuv]
Not that this will happen, but will the 1500 brake work? I know the 1200 swing arm can be made to fit the 1500 final drive, couldn't remember which brake to use.

eric the 1500 rear brake caliper and the 1200 rear brake caliper are the same .. 1500.rotor bigger and brake bracket too and has to be used :mrgreen:

ok the restictor plate mod i did in the thermostat has pasted it first 2 ride test ....comments were the hole was to small ..but it was 98degrees on first ride ..only went about 5 miles or so but no heat issue then at all ..later it cooled some and went for really long ride ....motor seemed fine no heat issue what so ever ...my hopes here are to have consistantcy in motor operation ..so far nothing to complain about motor ran great ......as far as 1000 stator in 1200 hooch motor everything seems fine so far :thanks:

pics :BigGrin:
image.php

not sure what the blue dot for dont like it ..didnt like the silver 12volt and 80 watts lable either ..its gone

image.php

perfect size fan for this radiator ...install tomorrow :builder: :thanks:

Bottom cooling is pretty good as that would be the coolest coolant entering engine. If natural airflow is more towards the top of the radiator then I would definitely bottom mount fan so that it doesn't impeded natural airflow when not running.

yes Z man im going to mount the fan against radiator ... has like spring shoes ...and cut the screen over it ..... i will try fan dan for noise and vibration ...with cfm rating it has ,,it got to be making some noise ..im sure of that ...then again Z man if room is there mounting away from the radiator will probaly reduce fan noise and increase flow ..so all things are stil on table till it happens with me

The smaller one i have has an irritating 'sing' to it. I would have been fine with a noise of air but it's not like what cars sound like. It's why I went back to the stock fan which is damn near silent.
Anyway, hope it works out and you're happy with it.

ill have to be ok with it ..for awhile ..hmm ok Zman i here what your saying ..needs no air leak....that can done many ways..beside flush mount to raditator ...its why i didnt just put it on im sure it needs a good looking at first when im rested and fresh ...

I wonder if it does have a "sing" to it could it be baffled somehow...maybe after its mounted but before it is hooked up to the bike wiring you could hook it up to a external battery and try it out

:BigGrin: pics
image.php

fan cut into to screen ....fan is sittng on radiator ..screen screw in place

image.php

looks to be plenty of room ... abdolutly no info on fan included ..mounting hardware seems plenty but i dont think im using any of it ...probably have to flip fan prop also for it to push :builder: :thanks:

:BigGrin: pics
image.php

90% done ..have wiring hooked up but need to wire in manual switch as well ..is the plan ...its good to ride now

image.php

mounted fan right to rsdiator ..in the final look at things ..this gave the most clearence ...and the biggest foot on the radiator ..that trump all other ways to me ...

image.php

seems to have plenty of clearence ..you can see why the fork mod got done also ..couldnt have weak springs around this kind of set up ..i think its top knotch now...

im the kind of guy who like to just turn the fan on in extended traffic deals ...so i want manual switch as well .. but not doing now ..have no switch yet...

going for ride soon ..just to test the fact it wont come on LOL
it took 10minutes or more sitting still to turn fan on ..if motor running ..there no fan noise what so ever ....fan pushes a lot of heat ...nice set up ... and much more than stock...i turned motor off and with key on lights and fan running it didnt seem to bad at all ...the noise is a bit more than stock ..seems all about volume type noise ..not fan ..its fine to me ... :builder: :thanks:

Latest posts