solex 28pci

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgq700

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All, Merry Christmas! Has any on here used a 28pci carb on the wing? i am doing my 80 1100 with a single (i want to use a 1 bbl as i am not after power) and the 34 pict id a pain in the butt! i confess i have not tried to tune it because i am old fashoned and want to idle with no elect fuel or air shut off on the carb I will post pics of my intake soon. i built it from thin wall 2X3 square and 1 1/2" exh tubing for the runners and put a 45 deg V in the bottom for a plenum divider. And used "O" rings in the end of the tubes to seal up to the elbows at the heads. But i REALLY want a 1bbl with no elect sol an the carb. any pros or cons?

In my first attempt with single carburetor modification was using the PICT34. Unfortunately, the carburetor I used was used and defective and had to invest in Tom's Weber. I have to admit I miss the electric choke on PICT34. It works wonders. Every morning the bike start up like a rocket. As for the solenoid shut off, I just cut the stem and install back again. This shut off solenoid is only necessary in VW cars. To be honest I prefer the 34PICT, because is more easier to deal with it, but is more expensive than the Weber.

https://vintagewerks.com/Carbs/carb_sale.html

SOLEX 26 VFIS
SOLEX 28 PCI
SOLEX 28 PICT
SOLEX 30 PICT-1

Solex 28 PCI Carburetor

The 28PCI was introduced in October 1952 for the 25hp engine which remained in production through December 1953, along with many other changes to the VW beetle and remained in service on all 36hp engine equipped VW beetles and transporters through the end of production in August 1960.

The 28PCI offered an improvement over its predecessor with the provision of an accelerator pump which helped engine acceleration and performance. Important jetting changes to the 28PCI accompanied the introduction of the 36hp engine in December 1953 and again when the 36hp engine was reconfigured in August 1954. For jetting specifications and chassis numbers refer to the 'Technical' page.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... ?p=5728664

Thank You! i as well got a used 34pict carb (empi) and not real happy with it at all! i dont need a choke in arizona so i have that old solex 28 carb on the way to me. i will update progress as she goes! with pics of my scrap metal built intake
MERRY CHRISTMAS..... HAPPY NEW YEAR