southern Colorado ride july 21 or 22 2014

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mysteryrider

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to put together a ride starting in durango going north through silverton back down through cortez and back to durango anyone interested let me know also if there is anyone here that's made that loop any and all advice would be greatly appreciated

Last August we rode from Vegas through Zion, then Parkes, Four Corners ( Teed Nos Pos) and into Cortez. We were shooting for Durango but stayed in Cortez as it was about 9pm when we arrived. Next day was up through Durango, Ouray ( didn't swing off to Silverton), Gunnison, Leadville, Idaho Springs, Outskirts of Denver and up to Fort Collins ( supposed to be Loveland but it was booked out ( car show and weddings)). The San Juan Skyway was the one road that I wanted to definitely ride and it lived up to all my expectations. It is a riders road that requires plenty of concentration and not a lot of viewing the scenery while riding ( unless you are stopped). A truly beautiful part of the world to be riding in summer :good:
Zion through the screen with the iPhone
Panorama of Ouray
Beasts of burden resting in Ouray