starter problem

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, i ran the gas out of the bowls....hopefully here in the next hour or so ill try it again and see what happens. it is on its center kick stand right now so lets see what happens.

OK, so after push starting the beast and got it running, i ran all the gas out of the bowls with the switch off, waited for about 30 minutes and turned it back on, it started up. so now the test is to wait until morning and see what happens. the switch is off now, and it is on its center stand.

Trust me, you do have an oil indicator. It's on the right side as you sit on the bike - a small window in the engine block below the fuel pump. It's kinda hidden by the frame and the brake pedal. There's a little slotted pin in the center of it that you can turn to clean the inside of the glass. Not the easiest way to check the oil level, but it works. The bike needs to be on the centerstand.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85092#p85092:1ye3r0e6 said:
toytender01 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:24 am[/url]":1ye3r0e6]Also check the starter button. sometimes It gets dirty and won't make proper contact.

well...every time ive been pushing that damn button, it turns the lights off like it should. so it doesnt seem to be that.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85093#p85093:qoxnuuee said:
Steve83 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:26 am[/url]":qoxnuuee]Trust me, you do have an oil indicator. It's on the right side as you sit on the bike - a small window in the engine block below the fuel pump. It's kinda hidden by the frame and the brake pedal. There's a little slotted pin in the center of it that you can turn to clean the inside of the glass. Not the easiest way to check the oil level, but it works. The bike needs to be on the centerstand.

oh that, lol....i thought you were meaning an actual gauge. yeah, i know about the window but its always been almost impossible for me to see into it. and i didnt know there was a way to clean the inside of the glass, havent found that part yet.

ok, it sat the majority of a full night, and it is still haveing problems. my guess at this point in time that it is just bad brushes. now to figure out how to take the damn starter out without throwing the engine across the room

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85119#p85119:osm80y5g said:
joedrum » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:14 am[/url]":eek:sm80y5g]seems the1100 atarter is the easiest to do ...if I remeber right all I did was unbolt it and pull it back and out the gearhead end

it wont be as easy as my yamaha maxim...a lot tighter fit, will just take some more time to wiggle it out. but looks like i can do it. just gotta wait until tomorrow unfortunately.

Just remember when you remove the cable from the battery you have to use a thin 10mm wrench to hold the lower nut

Make sure that you pull the starter with the bike on the side stand. Makes it much easier to get the gear in the starter chain sprocket.

Well...worked on it with my buddy/mechanic. my whole problem is that the battery is shot. it holds power, but when you go and push that damn starter button, the battery runs down below 4 ohms.