Stator Output??

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dan filipi":25hq8e3f said:
The stock 1100 stator is 300 watts= 25 amps.
Thanks Dan for the info :thank_you: Were i'm trying to get here :laptop: is that I read on my Odyssey PC680 Owners Manual the following....((((SPECIAL NOTICE!
CUSTOM V-TWIN MOTORCYCLE INSTALLATIONS USING ODYSSEY PC535, PC545, PC545MJ,
PC680MJ & PC925LMJ BATTERIES
If your V-Twin motorcycle is equipped with a standard 32 amp single phase stator/alternator, the
appropriate ODYSSEY battery may run out of charger after about 150 miles of riding. To avoid this
situation we strongly recommend the ODYSSEY Ultimizer™ charger model OMAX-6A-1B for existing 32
amp equipped bikes, with the charger being operated continuously during the non-use of the bike and/or
installing a 3-phase 40 amp or higher stator/alternator, especially in new bikes.))))
If I'm correct gl1100 have a 3-phase stator but 25 amps seems that it will be undercharging the battery :shock: .Have you ridden 150 miles or more and had any issues? :headscratch:

Well I can only speak for myself running an external 45 amp alternator and the PC680 with never a problem.
If it helps I've never read anyone else with a stock 300 watt stator having a problem either.

dan filipi":1vahi04x said:
Well I can only speak for myself running an external 45 amp alternator and the PC680 with never a problem.
If it helps I've never read anyone else with a stock 300 watt stator having a problem either.
Hopefuly it'll be ok :beg: I guess otherwise will be to buy their charger since the ones odyssey recommends from other companys are much more expensive :Awe: .I'll do a research on chargers to see whats out there :read:

Carl, your not reading that notice correctly! Ya gotta remember, we have OldWings! Those V-twins they are referring to could take almost 10 days to cover 150 miles! (With breakdowns) We can make that same 150 miles in about two hours! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

stratocat":38f6i26e said:
I have an odyssey pc680 with stock alt gl1100a. Never a rpoplem Best battery I've had :good:
I'll be installing the pc680 any day now, :eek:k: Have read that the pc680 can be charged at 10amp for 2 hours or 1 hour at 20amp charge when battery is 100% discharged (11.5 volts).If it ever gets discharged to that point I can use a schumacher I got that has the 10amp feature. :rocks:.