Tennessee M&G

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plskthompson1

Reaction score
I keep seeing posts for meet and greets every where but TN. What do you guys think about getting together for a day ride? It would have to be later in the summer, due to the fact that my wing is sitting in pieces on my back porch at the moment, but we could get plans together now and work on a when and where if the idea holds water.

If you're interested, send me an email at plskthompson1 @ gmail.com as I will get that faster than I will getting a PM here.

Thanks, Johnny T.

I'm thinking sometime in August, as that should give me enough time to get everything back in working order with my wing.

I was looking at a central location and came across the famous Loveless cafe in Nashville. I was thinking that whoever is interested could meet there between 9 and 10 in the morning, have breakfast, and then take a meandering trip down the Natchez Trace Pkwy and either stop at the Merry Whether Lewis park on Hwy 20, or travel a little further and get off on Hwy 64 and travel over to David Crockett State park to end the day. From there every one could go their seperate ways and return home, get a hotel room and stay the night or camp in the park.

It's just an idea at the moment, and I'm open to suggestions if anyone is interested.

Check out the Loveless Cafe.
https://www.lovelesscafe.com/index.html

I've had a suggestion for the first weekend in August, which would be Saturday the 7th and Sunday the 8th. If there are any issues with these days let me know, otherwise we'll try to plan for then. I've had a suggestion for the first weekend in August, which would be Saturday the 7th and Sunday the 8th. If there are any issues with these days let me know, otherwise we'll try to plan for then.

Depending on the final dates for my family and I to hit the beach, I am interested.

Ok, I've been advised that the Loveless Cafe is pretty well packed on Saturdays. I need ideas from the ones that plan to attend as to where you would like to meet, be it a restaurant for a meal or somewhere like a park or parking lot to kick the ride off. I've pretty well set for August 7th. So mark your calendars and let me know what you think.

I Would Love to.......BUT , the Teardrop club has what they call the East Coast Nationals , only everyother year..... and it is This year , and of course it's Aug. 4th - 8th , Man I would love to meet some of you folks , but, I am Kinda committed to the East Coast Nationals, me and the wife have been to every one they have had..... 2006 , and 2008 , in 2008 there was 52 Teardrops there at one time.... the most together at one time on the East Coast they said. but......maybe I can catch your next ride somewhere.

All right guys, unless someone else wants to pick this up or I can find a replacement wing or engine, I'm going to have to drop this idea until sometime in the future. I want to apologize to anyone that had even thought about making plans to attend. Maybe next year.