thanks pdbro

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That hooch video is a demonstration of the true capabilities of the bike.
I don't know what that video from CM is intended to show by him but it doesn't show me anything more than any stock 1100 with a 16" rear wheel can't do, if it even is a oldwing.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156037#p156037:1x3g4ry6 said:
dan filipi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:33 pm[/url]":1x3g4ry6]
That hooch video is a demonstration of the true capabilities of the bike.
I don't know what that video from CM is intended to show by him but it doesn't show me anything more than any stock 1100 with a 16" rear wheel can't do, if it even is a oldwing.
Could be any of the older inline fours with a vetter fairing. My 81 ran much the same but it was bone stock.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156036#p156036:m209o586 said:
brianinpa » Today, 1:28 pm[/url]":m209o586]
Oh and for the record... he is the baseline when it comes to single carb mods. At least he was until that post was deleted.

Well anyone reading his stuff should really consider his serious lack of credibility and how he uses others trial and errors to make himself look like he is 'the source' for information in the way he cleverly uses language and twists things to his own end.

It is entertaining to watch him change his opinions, as if he is following our works here daily.

When I built my manifold with 1" runners, he said too small.
He now agrees.

Joe ran chokes in his runners, he said not needed and it was just a restriction.
He later says he runs chokes in his runners and that Joe stole the idea from him! Lol

He said heat not needed.
Now he is all about heat is MANDATORY.

But don't take this from me, read his posts over there. It's all there, as long as they (or he) doesn't conveniently go back and edit his posts (if he hasn't already) :roll:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156057#p156057:3bo3wye6 said:
slabghost » 16 minutes ago[/url]":3bo3wye6]
And he has the only type 4 plenum with a heat chamber! Don't you have a heat chamber on yours Dan?
No, my heat is copper pipe soldered to a steel plate bolted to the bottom.

I apologize to the members here who don't care to read this thread.
You have the choice to unsubscribe this topic if you want.

He and I had a gentlemans agreement months ago by pm at Saunders that he'd stay on his side and I on mine. He broke that a few days ago slamming and name calling me and CGW.
I will continue here calling him out on his bs as I see fit.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156058#p156058:w3qsharh said:
dan filipi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:57 pm[/url]":w3qsharh]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156057#p156057:w3qsharh said:
slabghost » 16 minutes ago[/url]":w3qsharh]
And he has the only type 4 plenum with a heat chamber! Don't you have a heat chamber on yours Dan?
No, my heat is copper pipe soldered to a steel plate bolted to the bottom.
Regardless how it's made or done a heated plenum is what it is. And whether it's heated by coolant or oil or exhaust it really makes no difference. Even the resistors as heaters still make it a heated plenum.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156060#p156060:18kuam16 said:
Omega Man » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:36 pm[/url]":18kuam16]
My favorite CM boast is having a manifold with 400(if memory serves) test holes for mapping air flow or something like that.

~O~

And he still maintains you can put the carb right over two runners and the two furthest away will not be lean.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156060#p156060:23dak0sa said:
Omega Man » 3 minutes ago[/url]":23dak0sa]
My favorite CM boast is having a manifold with 400(if memory serves) test holes for mapping air flow or something like that.

~O~
Yeah that was a crack up :smilie_happy:

Again, NO pictures just a bunch of talk. How convenient for him.

well its sure cracking me up ... he is quite funny.... i hope one day to get where everything is just right on bike ... get with paul from c5 iggys and do a complete testing workout on hooch ...in the area of dynos and stuff i have no experience ....but even if we did ..me and paul would discounted ....as with paul and the c5 products that is so superior than stock ...he always plauged by the tower of bable discounters...cm 85 is the poster boy of tower of bable discount SSC world ...

all the work he claims as dan says is never seen... :useless: boy dont this fit

here at classic we have done in house motor transplants ....parts mixing in motors ... super SCC info and complete with pics and detail ....parts mixing in final drives ..disproving myths all along the way ..it cant be done ... im very pleased at how well this forum works ...

we have great stock bikes here that run great we have SCC bikes that run great..we have 1100s with final drives switched and now there super road bikes ...if one got some basic good hands ...he can come here and acomplish some neat stock and some neat not stock mods here ..without much trouble... to me this is what makes a good forum ... were open not closed minded :thanks:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156032#p156032:28tia1ul said:
dan filipi » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:19 am[/url]":28tia1ul]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156030#p156030:28tia1ul said:
slabghost » 6 minutes ago[/url]":28tia1ul]
Never seen any such heads. But he has posted a vid on you tube. It's mostly blacked out and could be any bike really. Tach has a 10k redline. Comparing tach and speedo it could be an 80-81. No way to say. Might be a 750-4 with a vetter. No way I can tell for certain.
Yeah I seen that, 5500 rpm at 65 mph.
81 and maybe 80 oldwing will turn that with the 16" wheel he put on it.
I put 16" on the 81 engine I had and man, that alone with everything else stock makes for a very fast bike!
He must think he's fooling us, well the Saunders crowd anyhow.

Oh, the blinking oil light with the turn signal is a nice touch. Good one cm :good:
i have looked at that vid a couple of times now. some thing dont look right to me with it. ( apart from the oil light thing ) :smilie_happy:
the tach spins but i dont reckon its a true indication of the actual speed. maybe the sound is throwing me off. apart from that , that vid is bloody boring. what does it show ? bugger all. i've asked him , but the answers are less than satisfactory ( so far ) :roll:

yes he rather ignored you and eric bottom line ? ...he keeps sayinf bone stock ... well obviously its not.... tach not a oldwing tach... rpm of those reading are not bone stock honda gl77 final drive.....but to each there own ... someone posted other threads over there at saunders to look at in there post for some reason i pick one ...it was a thread where west gl first started his SCC work and before the west gl thread over at saunders on SCC build of his started .... this guy was a piece of work too ...he went on and on about his start up to build his SCC and during the whole time never mention classic forum and the fact he was following the hooch thread and eventually bought the carb i was using and the hose i was using to make the manifold .... but never once posted that any others were involve .... i can show you a post where he eventually says he going to follow my build .....eventually this becomes the westgl way at saunders....people who grab others work and claim theres are something else ... to the best of my knowledge flex hose runners came to from jake 2012 ...and at the classic thread from me about hooches set up at the time i posted right off where and who inspired my build .....

obviously westgl and cm85 are a lot a like glory robbers

See the latest posts. I did the math. At 6500 rpm in fifth gear he would be going 108-113 mph depending on which tire he has on. He's only doing 80mph. He'd need a 13 inch rear rim for that. Clearly attempting to make himself into something special again. I gotta quit engaging him. He loves this stuff.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156223#p156223:3kgg5lyy said:
ekvh » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:29 pm[/url]":3kgg5lyy]
See the latest posts. I did the math. At 6500 rpm in fifth gear he would be going 108-113 mph depending on which tire he has on. He's only doing 80mph. He'd need a 13 inch rear rim for that. Clearly attempting to make himself into something special again. I gotta quit engaging him. He loves this stuff.
he wont answer my questions. :smilie_happy:
he revs that bike to 4000 to take off. i ask why ?
bike shows high revs at 65 mph or so . i ask why ?

so far , i am getting slightly abusive answers, just not to those questions. :wave: :smilie_happy:
i'm finding it mildly amusing. or , maybe it's me ? :whistling:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156227#p156227:x863hlwr said:
aussiegold » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:21 am[/url]":x863hlwr]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156223#p156223:x863hlwr said:
ekvh » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:29 pm[/url]":x863hlwr]
he wont answer my questions. :smilie_happy:
he revs that bike to 4000 to take off. i ask why ?
bike shows high revs at 65 mph or so . i ask why ?

so far , i am getting slightly abusive answers, just not to those questions. :wave: :smilie_happy:
i'm finding it mildly amusing. or , maybe it's me ? :whistling:

Nope... not just you. :hihihi:

It's futile. My hybrid does 80 at around 5k. At 7500 it's going 100 mph in 4th gear. His disdain for anyone who's a member here or NGW is clear. He just keeps putting up inaccurate and very inaccurate info. I wonder what name he's using here now?

yep, reckon you're right. its a bit sad really, that a person needs to invent stuff to gain some sort of validation. pity really. i'm done with that subject and saunders i think.
life's too short to waste on a fool. :wave:

you know aussie ...you're right it is getting sad.....if it were me and i was ? if the vid was my bike on first ? ...I'd just go out and take a pic to prove its the right bike and explain tach figures ....but that's too easy ...it's better to tear the ?er apart with discounts ...well screw that cm....here's where you just don't measure up ... aussie has made the best informative how to vids I've ever seen on the internet...on carbs ...motor rebuild...starter clutch rebuild ... so much so the elites actually did to him what you are doing ...look captain puff dragon ...this guy has got you figured completely ...why because he's a doer ..has his time in ...and video to prove ..which was not his goal ...it was to help others ... i will tell you for sure his vids help me ...why? because he like me is a doer ... he very thorough in all his work .... hollywood has nothing on his presentation of his vids ....they're complete full of all you need to hear and see ...all completely opposite of you ... and you think he's small minded and lack vision about you .....no he sees what you are. a glory robber.....you and westgl are ridicules glory robbing people....the whole westgl thread over there was to discount and steal the glory of things going on at classic ...we never went after your advice ...actually had conversations on how your thoughts on things was just not on track to us and we did things or way ... you and randakks and the forums that cater to you guys came after us ...when their truths about things were just getting unproven and truth made them look bad plain and simple .. ..eventually you fools of discount went after each other ...your nature is to eat your own or anyone else that infringes on your SCC throne as you see it ....

people like me aussie or any other real doers are not bothered by you simpleton control discount freaks who spend way to much time at it to know anything for real .....
your such a fool. you think the only reason my bike runs good is because of the c5 iggy you said was not as good as yours in your discounts and this actually makes my bike run like a crotch rocket ...gee i guess a bike outcome like that should be taken away from such a fool like me ... well bozo c5 is great ...but it's not the reason it runs so fast ....ITS BECAUSE I WORKED WITH CARB LEARN EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT IT FIRST HAND ..FIGURED OUT IT NEEDED SOME MODS TO BE A REAL CARB FROM THE EPA CARB IT WAS ....AND IT IS DIALED IN THAT'S WHY ...

me ... my hands always speak for me ...they're very talented ... i know it also ....dose that make me a jerk ..no it makes me better ....i'm sorry if my work and others here has bothered you to this word war of discount ... but when you have things set up to be helpful and as fruitful as it can be ... it beats hiding stuff in a box and not let anyone see it just you boasting ... with 2 plans like that the box has no chance at all

sheesh as far as heat goes plain and simple ...tom sells epa carbs ...he knows they lack adjustments ... he knows most people are very carbless in knowledge now ... i'm very glad he has these carbs available for us oldwingers ...but he doesnt want people complaining about the carb not modding to the strait 6s he loves and pushes heat so it will be easier for customers...easy to see and good thing to do ...but its not law ... you can mod the carb also ...and was my choice and this is why my bike is fast not c5...not because i got lucky ...its because i put the time in and my hands do well ....

i always like free speech and don't like the people that get offended .... the fools rise to the top easy in these conditions ... :thanks:

Latest posts