Tom's Carb and Type 4 manifold flange different?!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyote

Reaction score
What is wrong with this picture? First stumbling block to overcome...

Attachments

• GW FFFFFUUUUU1.jpg
    GW FFFFFUUUUU1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 267
  • GWFFFFFFUUUUUU2.jpg
    GWFFFFFFUUUUUU2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 260
If you review Dan's and Joes threads you will see two different methods to realign the mounting points :yes:

Thanks, yáll rock!

Resurrecting an 84 1200, will pose pics of ride once it's running on this carb,

Well, I got the nerve up and chucked my brand new carb into the mill at work and slotted the mount holes. Now I just need to go shopping for grab rails :music2:

What style manifold would you reccomend?

There are a few styles I am considering here

1. Weld nipples to stock elbows, and run one size of flexible hose from plenum to elbows, grind in smooth transition.

2. Grab rail drill and grind, You mention that the 1200 has smaller ports, meaning either I need 1 1/4" bars or ditch this idea.

3. Mikuni Flanges with some manner of mandrel bent pipe, or maybe even steel pipe and weld els?

Next step, sorting manifold.

well as of today I can only recommend type4 manifold ...and DFT 740 series carb ...its not a huge problem just right off hand im not sur the size of the 1200 rubber boot opening ...I know thet angle up some this is probably and advantage ...yes I think 1 1/4" grab bar is maxium in what to use as runners ...hard to say what will happen in effect with smaller ports at head ...im thinking nothing to much or deal breaker by any means ....the rubber hose deal...theres absolutely nothing wrong using that at all ....just have to get all pieces together and see what it takes to do ....