TRIKES

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104290#p104290:pk013xfi said:
willemshiloh » December 1st, 2013, 2:42 pm[/url]":pk013xfi]
Fystys
What kit is on the bike. How does it compare to areal trike. Know what I mean.
Tx for the tip on Gearings project. I am cheking it out.

Is there no-one out there that build a bolt on unit ?
Nice week to you all. We r taking the grandson to a game farm tommorrow to se the big five live.

Hi, I built this about 5 years ago, it is removable, I didnt rake the front but this handled so good, it was a joy to ride on the twisty mountain roads during one of our weekend rides.. it was built from Free materials, I was given a 4' x8' trailer that had been run over in the front, the fenders are from an old chevy van spare tire cover that i picked out of the trash..lol... the bike I bought for $400 it had been siting a couple of years, but came with a new battery, Fresh oil change, all I had to do was clean the carbs I'm sorry to say I dont have it anymore,,it was by FAR the best bike ive ever had ( I've had 6 Harley's in the past ) .. good news is... I just bought an 84 1200 Interstate with only 40,000 for $250 Delivered !!! it has been sitting Inside for several years, the Keys are missing, but thanks to CGW I have a set coming from ( ron ) the key guy..lol
goldwing trike.JPG

Attachments

• TRIKE 3.jpg
    TRIKE 3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 140
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104314#p104314:2fxbyrrg said:
dwgeo104 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:09 pm[/url]":2fxbyrrg]
California Sidecar makes something called "Easy Steer" which in fact puts a rake on the forks - about 6% I believe. It's like it's been chopped. It doesn't cut the frame but replaces the upper and lower fork bridges. I guess it works although I've never driven a Trike without it. It was part of the conversion, I imagine it's mighty expensive.

Last time I looked, it was $799 for the East Steer parts.

Honestly, I've had ...a California side car on a 1976 FX ( with steering stabilizer ) a hand Made side car on a custom Ridged frame Harley . a VW trike ( with long raked fork) a Velorex side car on a 1996 Heritage softail With no rake or stabilizer . . and My removable Hand made removable trike on a 198? gl1100 The VW was the worse !! then came the 176 FX (with stabilizer ) then the ridged /with side car ,, the best was the hand made trike on the gl1100 ??? there was Not much difference between any as far as steering , yu have to accept it's NOT the same as riding two wheels, It's FUN, but it's OWN kind of fun.. the VW trike with long fork was HORRIBLE in crosswind