Upgrade your GL1500 Sound System

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwgeo104

Reaction score
I ride an 89 Goldwing Trike Conversion. I tried improving my sound system with a cassette adapter and satellite radio subscription but it still didn't have much power. I mounted a 200W (inline) Amp in my trunk. I made sure it had an MP3 input and ran that cord to my radio face where I used Velcro to mount my MP3 Player near my radio controls - just for convenience. Now the radio is very powerful and my MP3 Player is loaded with thousands of music files - files I control by taking the MP3 unit to my PC in my den. There I charge it, add and delete music as desired. A shop manual is needed to find your color coded wires. I'm assuming you have already added an after market pair of rear speakers and fade. My sound system really rocks now.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=98425#p98425:27719qx7 said:
Omega Man » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:19 pm[/url]":27719qx7]
I just use the intercom speakers in my helmet now.

~O~
i use the headset speakers also but for those that want to noise up the neighborhood the brand of amp and where he got it from would be good info

I just use the cassette adapter with my Ipod and helmet speakers and it's plenty loud. Sierra Electronics will install a Ipod/Mp3 input for around $100 and the sound quality is supposed to be much better. I might do that while the bike is stored this winter.

I found this AMP on Ebay - it really worked better then I'd hoped. Having more power doesn't mean you make a nuisance of yourself Blasting high volume through your neighborhood. It means more radio stations and overall better fidelity. The cassette adapter isn't going to give you more power. I had that with satellite radio. I found the sound lacking and the expense excessive. It's made in China, it's a SON-7227 DELUXE AUTO SOUND ENLARGER, I took some pics for you.

Attachments

• 200w AMP.JPG
    200w AMP.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,047
  • DSCF1643.JPG
    DSCF1643.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 1,050
  • DSCF1644.JPG
    DSCF1644.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,052