Voltmeter

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carl62cycles

Reaction score
Wanting to install en extra Digital display voltmeter.( have the oem analog).Have found two different styles...one 2 wires 4.5/30 volts red & black and a 3 wires red/black/yellow or white 0/99 volts.I guess the red/black wires can be installed directly to the battery (can add an on/off switch to avoid battery drain.Question is where does the 3rd yellow or white wire connects to on the triple wire voltmeter? :headscratch:

Attachments

• 4-5-30v-dc-voltage-panel-meter_01.jpg
    4-5-30v-dc-voltage-panel-meter_01.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 4-5-30v-dc-voltage-panel-meter_02.jpg
    4-5-30v-dc-voltage-panel-meter_02.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 211
  • $T2eC16N,!y0E9s2S5ucwBQpFNVjNRg~~60_12.jpg
    $T2eC16N,!y0E9s2S5ucwBQpFNVjNRg~~60_12.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 204
dan filipi":teo818vm said:
If the yellow is a remote turn on you'll know once the red and black are connected if the display doesn't come on, in which case give the yellow positive will turn it on.
Sounds good :eek:k: :good: :thank_you:

From a Similar Voltmeter on eBay

Wiring:

Red: Positive +
Black: Negative -
Yellow: Voltage measured
What I would do is connect the red and black to a 12v source and if you get no voltage reading touch the yellow to the positive should see the voltage at this point https://www.ebay.ca/itm/DC-0-33V-Blue-0- ... 4d04cc891d

I used a simpler meter there is a voltage range for all three colours but basically red is bad yellow is low green is good green flashing is high green flashing quickly is over voltage

View media item 9229

dan filipi":3eq47j1a said:
mike in idaho":3eq47j1a said:
Here's one on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC100V50A-Dual- ... es&vxp=mtr
A volmeter and ammeter combined.
I wonder how much (if any) of these Chinese electronics are tested for safety.
I've had cheap power strips for home melt down and start a fire.

I wonder how many of you use laptops or computers made in China also. All three of my systems ( 2 laps and 1 desk top ) are Chinese and so far no problems.

dan filipi":2i1v82xm said:
mike in idaho":2i1v82xm said:
Here's one on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC100V50A-Dual- ... es&vxp=mtr
A volmeter and ammeter combined.
I wonder how much (if any) of these Chinese electronics are tested for safety.
I've had cheap power strips for home melt down and start a fire.
I guess we are at a point that most of the electrical appliances around us are made in the far east.Here is a photo they add under one of their selling ads....... :fishin:

Attachments

• YJ.jpg
    YJ.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 109
Now if my Voltmeter is going to be delivered to the Port in this manner :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I really have no clue :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Attachments

• AlainDelorme_Totem15.jpg
    AlainDelorme_Totem15.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 118
I've had good and bad experiences with products made in China. Sometimes I take the risk and some do not. The goal for them is mass production and produce as cheaply as possible. To produce cheap products need to acquire low-quality materials. Labor can be good, but if the components are not of good quality, the final product will be a question mark. Possibly last 10 years, or maybe two weeks. Who knows??? :headscratch:

Jungo":3qoxkxss said:
I've had good and bad experiences with products made in China. Sometimes I take the risk and some do not. The goal for them is mass production and produce as cheaply as possible. To produce cheap products need to acquire low-quality materials. Labor can be good, but if the components are not of good quality, the final product will be a question mark. Possibly last 10 years, or maybe two weeks. Who knows??? :headscratch:
When I was a kid we used to say all this about Japanese products, now we have hundreds of blogs like this one dedicated to them.

While it may be true many of the new breakthrough inventions come from North America (and Europe in days past), if not for the east we would still be "getting the bugs out" of our computers with brooms.